Author Topic: Oddworld (an old 90s classic game)  (Read 1706 times)

Offline NinjaWarrior

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Oddworld (an old 90s classic game)
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »
Alright i would to announce that i have no idea how the pg 13 rating works, since i don't live in America and have no idea how high, low or medium pg 13 is, since i live in Australia, So i wasn't sure if i could post something that got the rating teen on games but it could be worth the mention.

Ok to the topic, are there any Oddworld fans out there? Well if you would like to know that oddworld is releasing a reboot of the first one Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey calling it "Oddworld: new n tasty" plus before you say it's a hd remake, i hate to say this but it isn't a hd remake, it is a remake but they just built it up and the script has not changed ether, plus the graphics have really improved since the original got released back in 1997 on the first playstation, if you are into indie, platform and solve puzzles then this game is for you, The game will be released this month on the 22nd in the America and outside America it will be release on the 23rd for the playstation 4 in the psn store and it will be cross buy. However, it will also be released on pc, mac, linux, wii u and the xbox one sometime this year, so stay tuned if you are interested on getting it on any of those platforms.

Note: it has some violence(not sure how you will put it as) and also the game has some humor into it

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (1997) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZnBd-POmtM

Oddworld: New n Tasty (reboot) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZknADLA8lQ

Thought i would mention, so i can show this to other oddworld fans in this community and even introduce this to new fans, I would also like to apologise about some grammar errors since i do have a learning disabilities and trying to correct it as i can.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Oddworld (an old 90s classic game)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »
Munch's Oddysee was the best x3 I played it on Xbox though and it was an instant classic for me so yes I am definitely an Oddworld fan :D I'm happy to hear some news about the game making a possible come back as well. I was always quite sad when the new generation consoles couldn't play these awesome classics anymore. I look forward to new Oddworld titles in the future x3

Offline NinjaWarrior

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:09:38 pm »
Yeah that was another good game Munch's oddysee, but i still say nothing can't beat oddworld: Abe's oddysee and exodus though, those two were honestly classics back in the 90s, i am honestly glad that they made a comeback.

Also there is a new video uploaded on youtube at the moment, that is 54 minutes worth of gameplay that was shown on Thursday or you could also say Wednesday(depending on where you are.), It was actually streamed by psnation and it was the beta version you could pretty much say it was the E3 installment, also would like to say is expect some new cutscenes as well and i have heard if they do sell enough copies they will be doing remaking Abe's exodus as well. (since they have got the demands.)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 02:43:23 pm »
Unfortunately I didn't get to play a few of those but if they do remakes I will definitely be one of the first on line to get them again x3

I didn't know about the vid either. I shall check it out. Thanks for the heads up on this! I really hope the remakes sell well and play well because it will be cool having oddworld games making a come back.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »
Holy fluff! I used to play Abe's Odyssey back in the day. I loved it, it was so fun. Pretty hard though. I remember dying at least several times before eventually figuring out how to solve something. I don't think I ever made it to the end either. Perhaps it's time to dig it out and see how I do now that it's been a few years. The paramites used to scare the poop out of me.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
hmmm
Never really heard of it, yet from the videos,
it seems like a very fun game;)