Author Topic: Failed to export preset?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline in.your.heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm that girl with the guitar.
    • View Profile
Failed to export preset?
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:41 pm »
Hello!
I'll be short. I made a preset, went to Feral Heart Preset maker, clicked on the preset, then 'Export', but it said 'Failed to export preset.'
Yes, I did enter my username at the login page, yes, I am sure the preset coding is right, and yes, I've tried restarting the game.
That's the first time I create a preset on this PC. I had no problems doing presets on my previous PC.
Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!
Supernatural addict
Potterhead
Skyrim
The Sims

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Failed to export preset?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:36:56 pm »
Make sure there are no other files than what you need within the preset folder. That can sometimes cause the error. ^^ Also, do you already have a preset of that number in your FH>Presets folder? If you already have a preset of that number that you're using, you might have to delete that reader file first.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:39:41 pm by M'ulahkrin »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:28 pm »
Try looking at this hun, you could send the textures to a trusted friend and have them do this for ya.

~ Whisper

So, you are probably lookin' here because issue #1's solution did not work. Well, I'm here to tell you why that reason is.

You have a problem with your exporter. This was proven whenever I managed to export and see someones preset just fine, while when they exported it, no one else could see it.

So far there is not a known fix to the exporter; I'm told that reinstalling does not help.

But what you can do is, send a trusted friend all of your textures and your .material for your preset, and have them go to their log-in, type your username in, then go to the preset maker and export it. This will export it with your username. Now, they will send you the file, and then other people will be able to see it.

The ONLY reason no one else would be able to see it even after this process, is because they have a shot exporter too.

I will retype the explaination up ther later, probably made no sense LOL

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:18 pm »
One of the most common cause to 'failed to export' is that there is something wrong material file/coding, could ye' post the coding here so that we can see if the coding is the problem? x)
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:28 pm »
Lol I know this might not be the best idea but maybe you could move all the preset files to another preset folder and rename them and try and see if it worked in the different folder? Lol that was probably not the best idea but hope it works/helps!

signature by g0thic_vibes1