Author Topic: Map just won't load  (Read 836 times)

Offline Vivacious

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Map just won't load
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:17:53 pm »
My good friend downloaded a map of mine.  This map is for a role play, and has been downloaded by at least 100 people considering the RP is quite large.
Only 3 people have had crashing problems, and were able to fix it by removing everything in their exports and then installing the map again.
My friend has been running the map perfectly with no lag for a week, the only thing they've done since they got it is probably install another map or something.  Last night, the map decided to just not load any more.
It just won't load.  She has reinstalled twice, we've checked the exports folder for any damaging files and everything.  The weirdest part about the whole thing is that 2 days ago the map was running just fine (save for the usual bad tokens, but that happens normally to the majority of people) and she was logging on to go role play and it crashed.  It just no longer opens no matter how hard she tries.  I even sent her the original .cfg files to put under terrains, too.
The closest we've got it to working is when she removed everything from exports, but when she got in she was standing on air with trees in the background. 
I've been map making for 2 or 3 years, as well as sharing them and all of the problems found were able to be over come but I have no idea what to do about this.  Any help out there?

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Map just won't load
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:24:03 pm »
The map might have a bit much lag for her to handle while spawning in. Have her if it crashes to log right back in and try it again on the same character, that usually helps if it wont connect the first time or second time. She can also try clearing everything(even the map files) out of her exports, placing the map files in(directly from downloaded file) and trying from there, if it works, have her place everything back but not override any files, or it might act up again.

As for the spawinging on air, seems her map file got corrupted somehow or misplaced the portal. Just do what was said above and that should help ^^

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves