Author Topic: Corrupt Podium File..  (Read 1332 times)

Offline hellbent

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • formerly XxMidnightX
    • heilbent
    • View Profile
Corrupt Podium File..
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »
Okay, so, lately I've been working on a preset, right? So, when I go to the preset maker/tester, everything around me is black. The preset is fine, but it's just all black where the podium and stuff would be. I get a little pop-up saying this:
"Feralheart: Feralheart.exe - Corrupt File
The file or directory
C:\Feralheart\media\overlays\overlay1\fhPodium.fhm.dll is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

What? I haven't even touched that file.
I checked my items folder, I had a double so I deleted it. Still, all black. I tried my login, all black around the characters.
Screenshots can be provided if necessary, but how in the world to I fix this?

AlphaEclipse

Re: Corrupt Podium File..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:54:18 pm »
This is a quote from a similar thread:

Quote from: Thierry
Your computer were shutdown unexpectedly while your game was running, so a file got corrupted.
Press windows button, then click on my computer button, right click on your C hard drive, then click on Properties, click on tools tab and  in error Error-checking, click Check Now.

You could also try to delete the file but this can fail if there are errors on the hard disk. Deleting this file will not affect your game.
You could also go to start and type in "chkdsk" to run the utility. Hopefully that will work!

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:00:09 pm »
If you download this it will give you a new media folder. Open up the folder and drag the 'overlays' and 'terrain' folders to your FeralHeart folder. I would make a back up of any maps you have made in your terrains folder so you can add them back after replacing the folders. Also, with the Chkdsk Utility, try this.

I hope this fixes the problem.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline hellbent

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • formerly XxMidnightX
    • heilbent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »
Thank you so much, both of you. This solved the problem. <3