Author Topic: Unrealistic Characters VS The Truth?  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Kate13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Unrealistic Characters VS The Truth?
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:44 am »
Hi Queen. I see where you are coming from.
Lots of unrealistic/illiterate people do get excluded from roleplays.
Your point about the crystals in the ocean I had never thought about before, and I think that  was a fair argument and really added to your point.
I agree with you that roleplays being held in public maps shouldn't exclude unrealistic people. However, I understand why illiterate people get excluded.
Not only would they be a bit bothersome with single-sentence posts with various grammar errors, but it might be hard for them to understand the more literate people in the roleplay.

For example: [Ignore the awkward names xD]
Maximus RRH: Max trotted through the large thicket, attempting to keep quiet. His brown fur was tinted blue in the moonlight which only helped him blend in with the blue-green grasses... (and so on.)

ruby rrf: ruby wlked arnd the feild and lyed down in the grass and sayed how beautiful the moon

-

I could see how that would be quite frustrating. As for unrealistic characters, I think that in private maps that are based off of real life (with no crystals) have perfect reason to deny someone who might not fit the bill in realism.
For example, a pitch black wolf with pink eyes trying to join a Yellowstone RP just might not work out for the roleplay leader.

Overall, I do see where you are coming from. Some people get very rude.

Thank you for sharing your opinions and letting us share ours back!
This post says all. :3

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:29 am »
I think people a lot of times get terms mixed up. They call their roleplay realistic when in fact it'd be semi-realistic. We also have to think about not only appearance but characters in general being unrealistic. I get where the OP and many others are coming from, but at the same time you're saying people shouldn't judge others characters and are more or less giving those people a hard time. But if you think about you in reality are subtly judging those that judge. (Wow confusing ok) Personally I have multiple characters that fit in a wide expanse of characters. Like I have a completely realistic looking fox and I also have a winged bat-wolf hybrid.

But you have to understand certain roleplay plots and settings may revolve around certain realities. Is it wrong for a semi-realistic lion pride to turn down a robotic hyena that shoots lasers out of his toes? No. It's not wrong or being judgmental. As long as they politely decline and don't bash I see nothing wrong with it. It's the persons fault if they get butt hurt over it.

I've turned down or ignored plenty of roleplayers that come up to me asking to join or posting with characters that don't fit the setting and 'world' my current roleplay/character belongs to. It's not called being rude or judgmental, it's simply being firm and sticking true to your roleplay. And people need to understand there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline KayeLioness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • lionheartedroar
    • channel/UCf55_QQFTcy9rMRzggjYHwQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 12:06:28 am »
Most of my characters are realistic to semi-realistic, but I have a few that are a little unrealistic. It's not about the realism but how you put together the design of the character, if I'm making any sense to you guys. But, that is just my personal opinion.

Offline MechanicalMutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 01:03:14 am »
I'd say how I feel about this, but it seems everyone beat me to it. xD I thought I was the only one who disliked watching 'unrealistic' players put down because of their pelt colour. I'm actually rather surprised someone made a thread about it, kudos to that person. They know where it's at.

FH User: MechanicalMutt
DeviantART: Carxalckz

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 01:31:42 am »
I understand this a lot. Cause everyone can be how they want, was there ever some rule that you can't be unrealistic?
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae