Author Topic: Landmarks!  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Landmarks!
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:20:23 pm »
It would be cool if we could pull up a landmark tab at the bottom of the screen and click a button that says "Place Landmark" then you get this little crosshairs thing at the end of your mouse. You click a spot and it landmarks it. Then you can go somewhere else. You could later click the landmarks tab at the bottom again and pull up a tab within the tab that says "Landmarks List" then you click one of the landmarks (that you were able to name after marking it) and maybe click a button that says "Go There" and it would bring you there. Or if that isn't realistic enough you could click it and it says which map the landmark's in. You go to that map and click the landmark name again in the list and a little triangle or something pops up on your mini-map showing you where it is. And you could post multiple landmarks wherever you wanted!

You are amazing <3

feralheartdog

Re: Landmarks!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:23:26 pm »
The idea is pawsome, thoough it would take coding. Multiple Landmarks may cause some issues.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:54:21 pm »
Like in Second Life.

But that wont happen since it would make it possible for user to really abuse this feature and teleport from one to another map and troll and what so ever.

This is also the reason why you cant see all the users online on the minnimap but just your friendet ones. To avoid stress, abuse and stalking/trolling.

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:49:31 am »
Also most maps don't take that long to get around, you can just press 'e' a load of times.

Offline catcarryer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • So what?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 05:10:51 am »
And you have the GO HOME button you cn just set a map as our home (Like Skyes Rim) and you go to another map and press go home and YOU END UP AT THE PLACE YOU SET YOUR HOME so if you are in a RP whith a map and you need to go their pronto just set home easy isnt it?

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:35:15 am »
I don't really understand how that would equate to stalking and trolling. o3o'

I like this idea, but perhaps making it more simple with the "set home" button simply having "set home1", 2, 3, so on and soforth rather than the crosshairs. That way objects will be recognized as well (which is crucial on Sky's Rim and Ascension Island)

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 01:21:51 am »
Like in Second Life.

But that wont happen since it would make it possible for user to really abuse this feature and teleport from one to another map and troll and what so ever.

This is also the reason why you cant see all the users online on the minnimap but just your friendet ones. To avoid stress, abuse and stalking/trolling.

I agree with Tigg completely.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline catcarryer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • So what?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »
It can make trolling happen like, a person trolling a user then teleporting to another place or map. Though, without collectible Items... Its probably not gonna happen.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Landmarks
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:21:20 pm »
It can make trolling happen like, a person trolling a user then teleporting to another place or map. Though, without collectible Items... Its probably not gonna happen.

This thread is 2 years old. Please don't necro old topics.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.