Author Topic: Neighbors Rant  (Read 1016 times)

Sandfury

Neighbors Rant
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:37:30 am »
So, my parents were talking about our neighbors who started to complain about our dogs.
From what I have learned, our neighbors do not have jobs, so they are home all day.
On the other hand, our family is BUSY. Both of my parents have jobs, and me and my sisters have to go to school.
So, let me ask you this. Do you want the dogs to pee in the house while we are away? NO. Besides, my Black Lab, Woodrow, eats any trash he sees. So, HE has to be outside. Our little dogs are in cages. I don't think you want to be sitting in your own pee. Also, not to mention the fact that they need to STRETCH their legs.
AND YOU COMPLAIN TO US?
I think my dad explained it to our neighbor, but I am not sure. The last thing me and my family needs is being kicked out of our rented house. I do not want to have to take away our dogs because our family can't really do anything about it. Besides, we rented this house to keep our pets anyways.

So, what do you guys think? Is this fair? Should we get rid of our dogs?
Also, have you ever had anything like this happen to you? Did you do anything about it? What happened?

-Sandfury
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:39:32 am by Sandfury »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Neighbors Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:16:45 am »
I don't think that your dogs will need to be taken away, they don't know not to bark - they're only dogs, it's a main communication for them.

I've had similar instances, though I've lived in apartments for most of my life. Especially with my current cat, Dante.
Dante is extremely loud whenever he needs my attention or is calling for me, and we sometimes get complaints from the neighbors upstairs because of it. Whenever I'm not home, he meows as loud as he can because he needs something or wants something, or whatever. It's a form of communication they have, which is why they use it so loudly. Humans often communicate loudly, so why does it matter if a different species of animal does it?
-Wolfie