Author Topic: Mapmaker crashing  (Read 1177 times)

Offline SilverCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mapmaker crashing
« on: August 30, 2014, 11:31:59 pm »
So I was working on a map meanwhile listening to music on youtube, and of course I managed to click on one of the music files/links that makes my whole computer crash. I was also tabbing into another FH window, like from the one where I was testing the map with a char of mine to the one where I was working on the map at. And after restarting my computer, Fh decided to have one of its many tantrums and refuse to work whenever I try to get into my beloved mapmaker again.

Basicly it makes my game crash.

I have tried to replace the old Temp.map file with a new one, but that did not work. It still crashes. And I know restalling everything is a "easy" way to fix everything, but that would also mean that I'd have to re-download a lot of stuff.

So what my question is, is that do any of you guys know how to fix this without having to reinstall the whole game? If you do, I'd love it if you could help me out. c:
I got a jar of dirt~

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Mapmaker crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:24:21 am »
I'm kinda in the same problem, and it's a really devastating situation;
But there is one way you can re-install the game and keep the files!

Make a copy of the special files and all the downloads and place them into maybe a new folder or the desktop.
After re-installing you can just drag and drop them back in, But maybe copy them into the folder incase you do end up re-installing it again. I hope this helps a little!
i'm here once a blue moon

Offline SilverCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:44:19 pm »
I kinda did what you said, like I downloaded a new fresh version of FH and copy/pasted all the old files into the new ones and it worked! c:

Thank you so much for your help. ^.^
I got a jar of dirt~

Offline Oslo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 10:48:44 pm »
I kinda did what you said, like I downloaded a new fresh version of FH and copy/pasted all the old files into the new ones and it worked! c:

Thank you so much for your help. ^.^
Eee ! No problem, glad I could help!
i'm here once a blue moon