Author Topic: Items (and presets...)  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Zydeph

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Items (and presets...)
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:10:42 pm »
I have downloaded an item pack and added items on my characters, but it seems that other people are not able to see them when I'm playing.
I have also seen characters that are completely white(I mean, they have no fur textures). I'm pretty sure they have presets on, but if they do, I can't see their presets. I guess they can't see my presets either...
I'd really want to see other people's presets and items on their characters(and that they see mine). Can someone please help me?
(sorry for my bad english.)

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Items (and presets...)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »
I have downloaded an item pack and added items on my characters, but it seems that other people are not able to see them when I'm playing.
I have also seen characters that are completely white(I mean, they have no fur textures). I'm pretty sure they have presets on, but if they do, I can't see their presets. I guess they can't see my presets either...
I'd really want to see other people's presets and items on their characters(and that they see mine). Can someone please help me?
(sorry for my bad english.)

Well, you'll want to install August 22/Mass Markings 3 to fix the marshmallow looking characters first if you havn't already done that. And the way items work in FH is basically summed up to what number they're loaded into.

Say if I installed a private item pack and someone else on the game installed something like the Pawsome pack, what would happen if I equipped an item from my pack (for example, a hat) which has a theoretical ID of 2. The person with the other item pack has a different item with the ID 2 (a necklace maybe.) what would happen for that other player is that they'll see what item corresponds to that ID of their pack rather than your item you're wearing since its not part of their game. So you might see different items to what they're actually wearing in game.

This isn't exactly how the game works but its the best way I can explain it. Hopefully it makes sense to you. :D

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »
As Kwibjo mentioned above, it's all about the item packs as well as the mass markings.
Presets are custom made 'skins' you can create or have created with a software like Gimp, SAI or Photoshop.

If I'm not wrong, this seems to be the most recent item pack update.
Pawsome V5

I am not sure what mass marking bundle is the one people tend to use nowadays.
But an example would be the AUG22 massmarkings.
You can find the download here: AUG22

Here's a tutorial on how to install both: Tutorial
RETIRED.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »
Ressy kinda beat me, but, if you need help installing presets, I suggest looking here or on how to make them, here. Hope these help m'dear <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Zydeph

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »
Okay, so, I downloaded the AUG22 Mass Markings. Or, well, at least I think so. When it finished the downloading and showed me the files, I did like that video tutorial said and tried to move all the 891 files to feralheart > media > textures. Then another window opened on my screen, and it said that there already was a file with same name. It also said that about all the 890 other files... I get confused and decided to stop the downloading. But I wasn't sure if anything had changed. I logged in to the game to find out. Now I saw items on some people's characters. However, those items seemed to be same that in the item pack I downloaded, and I don't think they all have the exactly same item pack as I have. Maybe it is that ID prombler, but is there anything I can do for it? And anything had not happened to the marshmallow characters. What went wrong? D:

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »
Well, the message that pops up is basically in order to replace old files which come with the custom folders within the game.
All you need to do is click "replace all" - Don't keep any files, just replace them. ^^

It's the same for items.~

P.S - Don't forget about the cfg files. You need to replace those too! :3
There are also a bunch of videos on youtube on how to do it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:18:05 pm by PrettyReckless »
RETIRED.

Offline Zydeph

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »
Now the marshmallows aren't marshmallows anymore, and i got some new markings too! Thank you! :)
But still, other people's items look like same items as in my item pack, is there a way to fix it?
Also, what is wrong with some of the new markings? Some of them are excatly same as the markings I already have, for example, TF2 Soldier is excatly same as Toeless Socks and Black-Mesa is excatly same as Bubbles.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »
Well, that's a step towards the right direction! ^^
What do you mean? It's a good thing if they have the same, then you know it works correctly. xD

Uhhr.
That's a tad odd.
Have you made sure you don't have any duplicated files in the texture folder?
You could try deleting them all again 'n putting them back in..
Or deleting FH and installing it again.
If you're gonna re-install, make sure to delete the whole FeralHeart folder so that nothing 'wrong' stays there.
RETIRED.