Author Topic: Constant crashing? Out of nowhere? (Solved)  (Read 975 times)

Offline Eeveelover584

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Avatar and siggie don't belong to me.
    • View Profile
Constant crashing? Out of nowhere? (Solved)
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:30:34 pm »
So there's this problem that's really annoying me... erm, I'll tell you the whole story.
Once upon a september 25 2014, I was just editing the terrain of one of my maps. After I finished, I saved, then went to the main menu and set it to full screen, quit the game, then opened it up again. It crashed before even displaying the KovuWorks screen. I tried opening it about 3 more times, same thing happened. (thank god my computer didn't freeze) I tried everything, from uninstalling to re-installing, to even sending my backup folder to the recycle bin (I didn't delete it), and for the sake of not risking my computer I didn't put it in fullscreen, now it's just a window with nothing but black in it. It doesn't do anything, doesn't close, doesn't minimize unless I click another window, and when I click another window then click the FH window again, nothing shows up. I try closing it with right-click, still nothing. Okay, that was just the point of my story. fyi this isn't a creepy pasta On to details, I had a lot of add-ons and mods installed on my FH, from maps to presets to mass markings to materials (you get the point) to modified textures. None of them seemed to make my game crash, so I don't think they'd be a problem.

Okay, I told you the whole story, now please oh please gimme a solution ;w;
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:03:07 pm by Crystal »

In-game as Eeveelover584

AlphaEclipse

Re: Constant crashing? Out of nowhere?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:36:15 pm »

Offline Eeveelover584

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Avatar and siggie don't belong to me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:59:16 pm »
Oh, I guess I havent tried everything ^^' I checked the particles folder and those dang duplicates were there. Deleted them, and yay, it worked! Thank you, again!

In-game as Eeveelover584

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »
No problem! Glad the issue has been solved.