Author Topic: Having Map Problems  (Read 502 times)

Offline xSerenityx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Having Map Problems
« on: November 01, 2014, 01:46:02 am »
hey :D

im not sure if this is in the right place, but, idk where else to put it. I'm trying on my Mac to make a height map for the Clans RP that im going to do, and i finish it, export it as .png, and drag it into feral heart>media>terrains. Then i go to mapmaker, go to where you put the name of the map in, and it says "such and such not found". I'm not sure what im doing wrong?

if that problem cant be solved, i would like these on my map

-4 Clan territories (oak forest, pine forest, river+marsh with some forests, and a moor) with camps.
-a Gathering place in the middle where all the territories meet.
- a Moonstone where medicine cats and leaders speak with StarClan (try to make it a little distance and kinda hard to get into.)
- prey in all territories
-special landmarks to form boundaries

Thank you!
Fernstar

Offline NeonBee

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Having Map Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:16:21 am »
Are you typing in both the name and the extension?  like, Example.png ? The only other thing I can think of is if the height map isn't greyscale but for me that makes it crash, not throw an error.
In Game Name: NeonBee

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:44 am »
I would suggest putting the file into the Watermill folder in the terrains folder. Hope this helps!

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:00:05 am »
I'm not too sure what to do on macs, but the best program is GIMP, it's free and easy. You make a new file, make sure it is 513x513 qnd greyscale. The other parts it sounds like you did them right. What program do you use for the image?