Author Topic: Torrent not working and FH cannot be re-installed? ||Detailed Help Please?||  (Read 2317 times)

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Hello all

This has been a problem for two days now... I'll give you the whole story so if you can help you know all the details...

It started off a while ago, where I went on Feral Heart one day and OH LOVELY, I got the african grass texture glitch... for those of you who haven't heard of this terrifying monster, the glitch basically turns all the ground textures to 'african grass'... you don't want to see South Pole. -shivers- There are only a few ways to clear this up, one is changing the rendering system but of course FH won't even load when its on OpenGL now. It only worked once, then went back to Direct3D9 and that lovely grassy world. Most of the time, it blips on and off or stays forever and you just have to suck it up. Another way is to reinstall the game... and maybe my graphics processor was outdated? So I thought 'Goodie! I'll reinstall!'

I uninstalled Feral Heart and deleted the main folder, saving my modifications like Mass Markings and maps like Melandru Mountains on my desktop. I also checked my graphic drivers and downloaded the new ones, however it seemed they were already working fine and didn't need to be updated... Then I tried reinstalling Feral Heart, and that's where the trouble starts. Basically, I go on the forums, login, and go to the Setup for PC. I hit download. It downloads, I try to run it, and I get that fancy "data files corrupted get new copy of program" thing that everyone seems to be having trouble with now. I checked my files, saw no more FH folders, then I deleted my Mass Markings and maps just to be sure. For some reason, it's like the ghost of them are still on my computer though, I search them, I see them, I can't delete them, and I can't find them in any folders so maybe that's it? Anyways, I try reinstalling the download again, and still its corrupted.

So I get uTorrent, and click on the FH torrent. It downloads, it opens in uTorrent, and then uTorrent has the status of FHsetup.exe or whatever its called 'connecting to peers 0.0%' for who knows how long. Maybe I'm impatient, but it stays like that, no progress, for a long, long time... I try again and again and its the same result...

What am I doing wrong, and when will I be able to play this game again?

If you know how to help, I'd really appreciate it if you give me a detailed answer. I looked up many other threads about this, looked at the main help thread and the thread that was posted with instructions http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=49107.0 and I still couldn't find a solution...

so if you know what's going on or what could be done to solve this please please please contact me via a PM or respond to this thread with information... I'm sorry if this came off as needy or anything, but I've searched for a solution for a while now and nothing's proven useful.

Offline Whitebone

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • An ordinary Fox, With extrodinary powers...
    • View Profile
Its ok Dear, all ya be needin' to do is not use Torrent to download it, or, you can take your Pc or laptop for a nice winter clean-out at a computer store. Just tell 'em which files to get rid of. Should work, its what I had to do. But, I recommend the first option, as it doesn't take money!
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Like I told you before, try using Vuze instead of uTorrent if you haven't already.

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
One of my friends actually has given me her copy of the setup via email. If it works I will lock this thread.

Offline Whitebone

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • An ordinary Fox, With extrodinary powers...
    • View Profile
Ah that's great! Jus' in time for the howlidays too! Good thing, you could have missed the party!
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
I know. xD It worked, I believe. Staff feel free to lock