Author Topic: Rip's lesson. A short story by The WolfWhisperer  (Read 1784 times)

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
Rip's lesson. A short story by The WolfWhisperer
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:12 am »
 Rip was just about as troublesome as you can get. He was always picking on his siblings and he never listened to his mother. Rip always stole his sister's snacks and pulled at his brother's tail.
   "Rip," said his mother. "You must be nicer to your brother and sister."
    "Ok mom." He would always lie. "I'll be nicer, I promise." But he never was.
One day, Rip, his sister Lil and his brother Nose, were playing in Fico tunnel, where they lived.
"Don't go too far into those caves," their mother warned. "You will get lost or hurt." Then the three scampered off.
They wrestled, tugged and even chased, but this soon bored Rip.
   "Hey! You guys see that?" Rip suddenly said.
"What?" Nose asked.
"Those red, glowing orbs. They were just there."
They waited in silence for the strange orbs to return. A faint breeze whistled through the tunnels.
"I want mom." Lil said.
"Let's go in further. I want to see the orbs." Rip said. The other two, however, did not.
"Aww you two are just a pile of wet fur! I'm going in!" Rip announced and vanished into the gloom of the cave.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:59:14 pm by Thewolfwhisperer »

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
Re: Rip's lesson. A short story by The WolfWhisperer
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:27 am »
The cool breeze ruffled Rip's fur as he walked in silence. He could hear Lil faintly say something about getting mom. Rip pushed it aside.
Rip had been walking for quite awhile when suddenly, two red dots appeared. In the gloom of the cave, the appeared to float on the dusty air. Rip gently raised his paw up to touch the strange objects when......SNAP! A pair of large wolf jaws clamped down on the air just missing Rip's tiny paws.
"Ahh!" He gasped. Insane laughter echoed from the gloom.
"Better be careful, little one. Don't want to get hurt now do you?" Asked the rough female voice.
"Who are you?" Rip asked the shadow.
"I am one of the many dwellers of these tunnels. I live here, where very few mice scamper. I get very hungry back here."
Rip didn't like the way she said hungry.
"Well, I-I really must be going now. My mother is looking for me." He said, taking a step back from the she-wolf.
She was faster than him, so when he ran to leave, she blocked his path.
"Leaving so soon? I'd love it if you could acompany me at diner!"
"No!" Rip sccreamed and bit down on her dainty paw.
"Owww, you little- get back here!" She shouted and chased after the pup.
As they left the deep gloom of the cave, Rip could see just how close the wolf was to him. He needed to run faster!
But poor Rip skidded to a stop when he noticed that he had taken the wrong turn. His nose was now touching a dead end.
A growl came from behind. Rip spun around.
"You are mine!" The she-wolf jumped into the air towards Rip.
"Mommy!!!"
To be continued.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:31:15 pm by Thewolfwhisperer »

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:40 am »
A strange sound came from the she-wolf. Rip opened his eyes and noticed that the she-wolf had been knocked over by.....his mother.
"Mum!" He said greatfully.
"How dare you frighten my son!" She said to the ragged wolf.
"If you won't let me have him as an appetizer, then I'll have diner backwards and start with the main course!" Said the hungry wolf.
Both wolves attacked! Rip's mother bit down on the cave dweller's neck and threw her against a wall. They had been fighting for a while, now both were exausted.
" Leave now before you learn what major damage I can do!" Rip's mother growled.
The hungry she wolf jumped to her feet and vainished into the darkness.
"Yeah! We showed her!" Rip smiled and looked at his mother. She glared at him.
"I told you not to go too far and you disobeyed me!" Rip's tail fell and he lowered his head. He then quietly followed his mother home. The whole while there he was thinking to himself " If mum was not there, I would have been cannibal food.......

Your mother only wants to protect you for your own good. Listen to her when she tells you something is not a good idea or you may get hurt.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:19:59 pm by Thewolfwhisperer »

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:20:34 pm »
Ta-da I hope you guys enjoyed Rip's lesson!