Author Topic: Can't export presets...? .fhp help  (Read 2571 times)

Offline 104thMikasa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can't export presets...?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 02:33:39 am »
(continued)
So this --> http://www.mediafire.com/download/79jca9ppd7u32bj/Raining_Blood_preset_2byToXiC.zip
won't export after it's in because the images are jpg. When it's doing that quick little export thing with the loading bar I could see that .jpg was at the end of the tail, main, and eyes, things like that. It fails to export each time. The pre-made ones that are already in the game work fine but that's because they end in .fhp, right?
So how do i get the .jpg to work like/be an .fhp file? I heard some places here that it's not meant to be open and only to be copied into the presets so that makes things a little bit more complicated that I had first hoped when downloading the preset.
I got Windows 8 but that probably has nothing to do with it
The person below me is probably a pretty cool person

Offline 104thMikasa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can't export presets...? .fhp help
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 07:28:41 pm »
Okay now i need to know why I can't see other people's presets (they all look like untextured marshmallows).
The person below me is probably a pretty cool person

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 09:05:06 pm »
When making a preset it is always best to save it as a .png for a better quality, also to remember to change all the .jpg's in the material file to .png's

The reason your preset is not exporting might be just the material's fault. What I suggest is getting a material file from a preset folder/material file that DOES work then change all the numbers inside it. That seems to work for me all the time. If not, you may have to switch to a different folder.

As for you not being able to see other people's preset, the white/texture-less characters you are seeing have Marking packs (custom made markings made by other people that can be found here or here.)

If you want to see other people's preset, ask them for their .fhp file of ther preset (found in FeralHeart\\Presets). Then once you have that file, save it into YOUR FeralHeart\\Preset folder.

Hope this helps. If you have any problems or questions to ask, come back! :)

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 10:23:58 pm »
I've had a problem with presets showing up as yellow and back...If that's the case, open them with GIMP or a similar editing software and make sure the files are scaled 512x512 and that there's nothing wrong with the .material file.
If you /can/ see the preset in preset maker, and it just won't export, you might have a problem with a)there's already a preset in the slot you're using, or at least the game thinks there is. I've had that issue with the first two slots. Or, b) you have no more room for presets, like you've already used all 12.

If neither of those is the case, I'm not quite sure what the problem could be...that's all the info I know on preset troubles. I used to have lots of trouble with presets, but once I re-installed it worked fine.