Author Topic: Silly or Serious?  (Read 1394 times)

DreamerDay

Silly or Serious?
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:05:15 am »
Every had the moment (with your friend/a person) when you can't tell if they're actually telling a joking or being rude/serious over the internet?

Usually, I would give them a heads up, saying 'Not to be rude.." or "I hope I'm not being rude..." Yeah.Then again, its hard to see if they're really telling a joke or being serious...I usually get a offended and etc...

So, yeah, every have that moment?

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Silly or Serious?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:08 pm »
Well, I have.
Once when I had posted facts about myself on instagram just for fun, I happened to mention how tall I am there. I said that "Yeah I'm kinda short" But then one person comes and calls me things such as a dwarf and stuff...I told her it was offensive and that she should watch what she says, but she replied with a simple "Lol sorry I like to be offensive xD" And that left me a bit confused...was she seriously making fun of me or was she just joking? I have no idea...

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:37:25 pm »
I'm used to banter/joking around behavior but I don't really care if someone throws a ment-to-harm, hardcore offensive insult at me, sure it may offend and hurt me but eh. It's just how some people are. Now, me, when I jokingly insult my friends n' such they know it's a joke but if I jokingly insult a newly met person I'd most likely offend them.

Hmm..Derpiederp's scenario got me to think. If someone commented on a photo of me saying I was for say hideous, or something I'd laugh because I really don't take those simple things seriously. In fact,
I don't take any insult towards me seriously, like I said I'd laugh at it.

Only certain things offend me.

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 10:43:43 pm »
I'm used to banter/joking around behavior but I don't really care if someone throws a ment-to-harm, hardcore offensive insult at me, sure it may offend and hurt me but eh. It's just how some people are. Now, me, when I jokingly insult my friends n' such they know it's a joke but if I jokingly insult a newly met person I'd most likely offend them.

Hmm..Derpiederp's scenario got me to think. If someone commented on a photo of me saying I was for say hideous, or something I'd laugh because I really don't take those simple things seriously. In fact,
I don't take any insult towards me seriously, like I said I'd laugh at it.

Only certain things offend me.

(I know this might be off topic but I'm gonna ask anyway)

What are these certain things that offends you?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »
What are these certain things that offends you?

The only thing that majorly offends me is when people
make fun of, insult, and ask just plain inappropriate questions about me being a Transgender individual.

Also, this happened, a kid in my class was going on and on about how sometime smells and was staring directly
at a poor student who wore almost the same clothes all of the time. That really offends me because, it's just not human to make fun of those lower than you, and you don't know if they have horrible issues at home.
(And this happened in the school program for kids who commonly have issues or health problems that i'm in)

And if someone bullies another for the way they dress, just because thhey're a bit different. I REALLY hate this.

(Yes. This may be a bit off topic but it falls in the same category of the topic)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 01:36:48 am »
I know I have issues telling the difference. I know there are times I get a bit irritated with others cause the things they say sound a bit rude, but to them they are seeing it as they are telling  joke. I prefer to be let know if a joke is going to be said.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble