Author Topic: Item Pack v5  (Read 1278 times)

Offline factuality

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Item Pack v5
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »
So I've been having this problem after I downloaded the August 22nd v5 item pack. The chain collar (not the chainlink collar) has been crashing the game. All other items work perfectly, it just that one collar. When I try to equip it, it causes the game to stop working. Also when I try to play as a character without said item it will start the process of entering the game but quit working when the map finishes loading. I'm assuming that if any character in the map my character is spawning in has the chain collar item on, it's causing my game to crash.

I scoured my files where the items were placed (FH, media, items) and found no file that said "chain collar" (I could only find the chainlink collar file). This makes me think that even though the item is offered in the items list within the game, the actual file do not exist.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I'd be so grateful ^^

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Item Pack v5
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »
Try re-downloading the items to ensure all of the files installed correctly, then re extract them into your items folder. If it asks to replace anything hit yes so it overwrites the existing files.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline riesirules

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:40:24 pm »
Whisper,

Thanks for the reply! I tried downloading the items again and went through the steps once more and it's still doing the same thing. I went looking in the files again just to be sure and I found one named "neckchain". Most of the items have four files comprising the one item.
For example:
chainlinkcollar.material
chainlinkcollar.mesh
chainlinkcollar.skeleton
chainlinkcollarTex.png

But for this "neckchain" I only saw two files:
neckchain.material
neckchain.mesh

Do you know if there's anyway I can remove this file completely? I don't mind (so much) not being able to equip the collar, but I do mind the fact that I cannot enter the game.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:12:09 pm »
Chain Collar correct?

Code: [Select]
[Chain Collar]
mesh=neckchain.mesh
bone=neck1
offset_f=0 0 0
rotation_f=0 0 0
offset_c=0 0 -.1
rotation_c=0 0 0

Find this in items.cfg(ctrl + F and paste that in!) and remove it, do an extra backspace and save. It should remove it from your item selection and change it to something else when loading in game.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline factuality

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 01:07:23 am »
Whisper,
I'm sad to say that it still didn't work, though I'm unsure why. Maybe it's because the players who have the collar equipped are coding for something that my files don't have.

Oh well I guess I'll have to live without items for a bit. If you have any other ideas I'd be very appreciative. Thanks for all your help!