Author Topic: Default fur texture on preset?  (Read 947 times)

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Default fur texture on preset?
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:58:45 am »
Hey guys,

I was making a preset, and I wanted to apply the default fur texture. I followed Sura's tutorial on how to do that, but the only thing is, my program doesn't have a multiply mode on the layers. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to ask for help here. By the way, my program is the free version of Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, if that is of any importance to you. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Blu

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
Re: Default fur texture on preset?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 01:23:20 am »
Well, I sure don't have AutoDesk Sketchbook Pro, but pretty much the general preset makers, use GIMP. Since it has the multiply option for presets. So my choice would be download GIMP, YES it's free! So no worries! ;D And super easy to use! Link: www.gimp.org

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

S. Italy/Romano

Re: Default fur texture on preset?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:01:09 am »
I found this here mini tutorial on how use layer modes, however, I do not know if the full version (one used here) does not have this option as a purchase only.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Using-SketchBook-Pro-to-Design-a-fuzzy-hoodie/step2/Using-multiply-blending-mode-to-make-the-lineart-t/

If this does not work, I HIGHLY recommend Gimp like Rava said. If you do not own photoshop, this is the next best alternative.