Author Topic: Nostalgia and Fond Memories  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Nostalgia and Fond Memories
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »
Have you ever gone on an old character of yours, that you used to used all day everyday, and just...
You know, looked their bios, where you roleplayed with them(A custom map for example), and just walked around, quietly visiting memory lane?

I've found myself to be doing this a lot as of late, and well...

It's brought a few tears to my eyes.

There was one Rp in particular that I miss dearly

'Oblivion's Tears'

It used the map 'Underworld', by Genesis199(Beautiful map, by the way).

It lasted months, and everyone was absolutely amazing, the roleplay was interesting, and the plot was well done.

Sadly, I was unable to keep roleplaying in it because I was having computer issues, and about a month later it all went dead.

So today, I decided to go on my old character(Sheba, she was an elder in the 'Umbra' group), and I did just that.
Walked around, drinking in the nostalgia and recalling the fond memories.

I have run into old buddies from that roleplay(Lord Clav, and Hermaeus), and I have heard they rebooted recently.

Another time I've done this is when I was on a 'reformed' character of mine, Liza.

I used her in Creepy Pasta roleplays, and as I was walking around Feral City, I remembered(And cringed a bit, since that was back in my early days) all the fun I'd had.

So, my question for you all is:

Have you ever just, when you had nothing else to work on or do, gone on an old character, and just...
Quietly remembered?

Okay.. I'm done rambling now... Nostalgia just rammed me with it's car.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia and Fond Memories
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:00:39 am »
Finally someone understands me

No but seriously. I find myself doing this all the time. Recently been doing this with my characters Kiquaii and Kanikki.

I remember things really well. Back in the days where we didn't pay attention to roleplay skills or how detailed our characters were. We just made them, played them, and most of all, we enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm not saying that we don't do it now. However we all had those  first few days in the world of RP that we will remember for a long time.

-wipes away a tear-

Great topic though.

+floof

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:24:16 pm by Fixl »

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:24:50 am »

this character is on the top of my character list. stormfeather was a character who i used to roleplay warrior cats in a group called forestclan i think she's about 3-4 years old. the location of the camp was by the y river. i roleplayed her since birth (yeah we kinda acted out the birthing don't judge). her parents were called jayfeather and russetstorm (the picture of them is kinda NSFW so beware). i even remember creating the character and my siblings teasing me because i was more like my father than my mother wooowwww. i had some bad times roleplaying in forestclan because some of the members were huge assholes but it was a hell of a ride. it's a great thing to remember, because it was probably my best time in feralheart. forestclan was like my home in the game. it sucks that the roleplay died and it was so long ago.

i'll admit that stormfeather was a horrible character and my roleplaying was mediocre. i was a dumb tween when i made her. i came to despise her and i plan to revise her personality and her appearance (she's too exotic for my likings) to use her again somehow. although i still had fun watching her grow when i actively used her the first time.

i had another character, i think was originally named silverstripe. i turned her into a rouge when the roleplay died.

she was the character i had before stormfeather, and the character that i used when i found forestclan. she was originally a loner until i bumped into forestclan having an argument with another clan. i joined the other clan first but i was convinced to join forestclan, and i'm kinda glad i did. one time while in forestclan as silverstripe some guy claimed me as his mate and some members started to bother him about it. like one dude started to hump me and he got all mad. lol

if i can find anyone who was in forestclan and/or remembers any of my characters then i will love them forever. seriously i want to find as much forestclan members as possible, especially the parents and siblings of stormfeather. to note, forestclan has a facebook page and a deviantart page that are now inactive. the roleplay was pretty big, i would say, to have community groups on that website.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:41:40 am by OhKelseyYou »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:17 am »
Lemme see.. Where to begin..?

Believe it or not, but that used to be my former character Creedance's appearance before I gave him a complete revamp. He was one of the first "original characters" I've possessed here on FeralHeart. Though, at the time I did not know. He used to be the beta in a pack called The Evergreen Wolf Pack, abbreviated as TEP (The Evergreen Pack). It was a role-play withheld durin' the summer months of 2012 and was a role-play that would stick with me and influence I much to the point I would not be the Vespian ye all know ('n love?) today if it weren't for this group. Long story short, the alpha of this former congregation was the one who taught Vespian how to role-play. His morale and sense of judgement also rubbed off on I. I guess ye could say he was Vespian's one 'n possibly only teacher here. I respected he and there were times Vespian would be up from dusk till dawn watchin' over the members of TEP. Even fell asleep with Creedance still logged on a couple of times. The members, darn I loved each and every one of them. It was back when when realism didn't quite count as a priority in groups. Back when I could saunter in the middle of South Pole and complete strangers would be role-playin' together without worry of spies or bein' chewed out because their role-play is floodin' up the chat. TEP accepted everyone so long as they were of the canine representative. Yes, we possessed subtle supernatural abilities. Yes, some of the members (includin' I at the time) looked like sparkle dogs but did we care? Nope. We accepted any who greeted us with a friendly smile and role-played with anyone who were to come our way. Be it dragon, demon, serpent, or man- we were just happy to role-play and be online together. Sadly, nigh the year of 2013, the group became inactive when life has taken hold of some of the members' time. That includin' TEP's alpha and later my own self. While he has done his best to make a permanent return a couple of times, both he and Vespian too has gotten busy to strike enough luck in successfully makin' another pack similar to the one we let dwindle. Although, that doesn't stop Vespian from hopin'. How I miss bein' surrounded by such familiar faces.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:05:17 am by Vespian »
gone

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »
Bonfire was empty once. I've managed to stick to one or two characters at a time, and they have hardly changed since they were created. I even remember the days when Flourite wasn't full of over nine-thousand Warriors clans everywhere, other than that, I remember one pack I was in that I actually enjoyed, but they are long since gone and I have yet to move on to another.

Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline kululupuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bye, lovelies.
    • View Profile
    • Lament's Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:56 pm »
When I first played FeralHeart, I made a green and white winged sparkle dog named Llama. Some early day buddies and I (as Llama) made this fantasy wolf pack full of godmodders and marysues, but we all still had a lot of fun and I made a bunch of nice frienda from there.
Llama's appearance changed drastically from the first day I played her, and she actually doesn't have any wings anymore. For the longest time, her main colors were black and white, but I recently changed them back to green and white for old time's sake.
I also still play as her once in awhile, but never to roleplay. It just doesn't feel right, ya know?

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
I remember having a character called Brechin, who was apart of a pack called 'Lichen Pack' He was a simple medic, then promoted through the medic ranks until he became a Beta! The group was so nice, and I learned how to download MMs and Maps because of their alpha. It was the best pack, until it eventually closed down a few months ago and Brechin is now lost in the deleted character void.  :'(

I don't have a picture of him, but he was a very orangy german shepherd.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:05:58 am »
I must admit I get that from time to time. It makes me feel as if I am going back in time with certain characters since it has been so long since I have played some of them. Though mostly I don't role-play as much, but when I do find certain characters I have role-played with that have not for a long time. I can't help, but feel a tear in the corner of my eye when seeing them.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 01:15:10 pm »
I must say, I have Re-Made characters to remember these memories. Sometimes something bad would happen (mostly OOC with another user of their said character) and I would end up deleting that character due to not wanting to remember the other user(s). But yes, this sometimes happens.