Author Topic: It's Been Making Me Curious  (Read 1412 times)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
It's Been Making Me Curious
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:10:10 am »
Hello everyone.
Now I might be wrong on where this subject goes, but I am going to ask it here in case this is the correct place to put this topic.

I have been really curious on why some of the Staff's names are in different shades and or colors. Like in this screenshot:

Now my eyes might be playing some tricks on me, and stuff. Though I am pretty sure Dr.Flob's tag reads green when it should be orange like Buffy's and Raphillion's. Though when I look at their tags I notice Buffy has a darker orange tag than Raphilion. Am I incorrect about this or no? Also if indeed their colors are a bit moofy....does anyone have the answer as to why they are?

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

DreamerDay

Re: It's Been Making Me Curious
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:15:24 am »
Is Bawfle added onto friend list on the forum? If yes, then it's normal. Usually when you have a friend on the forum, their name is bolded.

Offline StarrieNova

• Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:16:55 am »
Is Bawfle added onto friend list on the forum? If yes, then it's normal. Usually when you have a friend on the forum, their name is bolded.

That one makes more sense then. xD
I had her as a friend. ^^

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:19:32 am »
The reason you may see a difference between Bawfle's and Raphilion's name is because by the looks of your picture, Bawfle is on your "buddies list." Also that green name is not Dr. Flob--that's TwistedLizard, who is the Winter Member of the Season. All moderator's/groups "colors" will show up the same without variation. If you continue to see different variations of the same color, that is most likely the monitor/screen you use to view the forum, etc. You could also pull that screenshot into a photo editing program such as Gimp or Photoshop to take those colors and see what they are/if they're matching.

DreamerDay

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:21:40 am »

That one makes more sense then. xD
I had her as a friend. ^^
Haha, glad to see it make sense.

; 3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 12:28:04 am »
I think you're mixing up Dr.Twisted with Dr.Flob.
Dr.Flob's name would be orange, same as me, but Dr.Twisted (as shown on the screenshot) is one of our Winter's MOTs. Here's something that might help you with the ranks and colours:

What do the different ADMIN/MOD titles mean?
Admins - Are the ones in charge of the majority of the site and staff and their work is to not only help as any other mod, but also to help the rest of the staff when needed, keeping things structured.
Global Moderators - Are moderators granted some more powers and responsibilities around the forum to help and assist with the staff work, but also the ones moderators can turn to if admins are not around.
Moderators - Are the ones defines the word moderator. They move and lock threads around the boards, suggest things within the staff, keep users within the boundaries and do what we see as moderating.

As well as:

As some of you may have noticed, we've changed up some of the ranking stars and colors for a few things around the forum. In order to better match the color scheme of our forum, staff member accounts have been changed to differing shades of reds, oranges, and golds, in place of the blues you'd normally see on our moderators' names on the forum. Member of the Season winners now have a pretty new set of stars that stand out strikingly against the forum background, and the "new" notification for threads has been changed from blue to red. Spotted 'em yet?

Administrator

Global Moderator

(Mod In Training - Four stars)

Member of the Season

Sometimes the shades of orange can trick you a little due to our actual names, some letters are wider and some appear finer, so this would trick the eye in a sense to making you think the ONE shade of arange are different.

Hope this also cleared things up~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline StarrieNova

• Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 12:45:42 am »
You all are right I did mix the names up a bit. xD

My horrid sight, and junk always seems to get me into this form of silly mess. Thank you guys who did answer, and respond to this. ^^;
It can be locked now. Thanks very much guys. <3