Author Topic: No Sound Effects At All~  (Read 1766 times)

LunaMoons

No Sound Effects At All~
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:43:13 pm »
I just re-downloaded FeralHeart 2 days ago. From then I haven't been able to hear ANY sound effects. No roaring, no howling, no footsteps when running or walking, etc. My speakers are working fine, I'm sure. I do check also. The sound effects volume is all the way up. Any solution?

CloudFish

Re: No Sound Effects At All~
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:45:57 pm »
Try reinstalling your game, make sure you have the latest setup from the download page.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:53:27 pm »
Also, if reinstalling doesn't work, try navigating to your FeralHeart sounds folder (should be in C:\FeralHeart\media\sounds if you're on Windows) and checking to see if the sounds are there. If they are, try playing the individual sound files in media player to see if you can hear them - if so, then either you need to check FeralHeart in the volume mixer panel and make sure the game itself isn't muted, or check C:\FeralHeart and make sure you have irrKlang.dll and ikpMP3.dll in there.

If anything's missing and you don't feel like reinstalling a third time, I can always upload the missing stuff for you if it's allowed. :3

LunaMoons

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:28 pm »
I think I found the solution. I can hear other people walking/running on the grass, but not myself. Or howling . . . or roaring. Well, the only files that are saved as mp3 in my Sounds folder are Howling and Roaring. The rest are WAV files. But it's ALL the sound effects. I have reinstalled it, and I do have those folders. I recently was trying to extract something with many files inside it and I accidentally extracted it to my FeralHeart folder. I had to delete all of it from there and while doing that, I (by pure mistake) made 3 copies of everything inside it. . . There could be a possibility that I deleted something for the sound files? ;^^

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 10:34:51 pm »
Well that's certainly possible! Also, most of those files should be WAV like you said - all of them instead of the roar and howl. Are you still getting the issue? if so, I can always throw you my sounds folder and see if it helps, rofl. :3

In addition, make sure the sounds are located just in the media\sounds folder and nowhere else (like in media\music, for example) - also try opening resources.cfg in C:\FeralHeart and making sure the "FileSystem=media/sounds" line is in there, underneath the [General] list.

Offline Cookiemonster*-*

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:31 pm »
Hey, I have exact same problem as Amaya.. I dont know what I should do. I tried all of your tips and nothing works.. :/