Author Topic: No updates?  (Read 2279 times)

Offline opticker

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Otaku
    • View Profile
    • Nyan
No updates?
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:41:02 am »
I've been gone for quite some time now, and i have come back because i have decided that i miss this old game, but when i check the download it says the game hasnt been updated since 2011! Is this the truth?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: No updates?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:02:59 am »
The game hasn't been updated for a while since KovuLKD left with the source code (So the staff can't update even if they wanted to). The Staff have tried contacting him about it but haven't gotten any responses. It's a let down, yes. But maybe one day...one day he will return. So we have to stick to this version for now.
  - I don't know when the last update was. But I'm guessing it was in 2011 sometime. Or early 2012

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:27:43 am »
It is the sad truth. Zicron pretty much explained it all on why the game cannot be updated.
Inactive

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:29:08 am »
If there's no source key, then why can't the admins just start a new one? And by new one...a new game mod..

Vrisk

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »
But the good news is, the game isn't deserted yet, the community is still alive.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:05 pm »
Aye, it hasn't been updated it quite some time(Before I even joined the community!).

Not even a simple bug patch, since the main creator, KovuLKD, left without a word, and took the source code with him.
Though sometime last year he did come back and say something, he still has yet to release the source code publicly or to the FeralHeart Staff.

But the community is alive, and well, for the most part.
The fanmade content I think is a huge factor, since there are no 'official' updates.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 06:51:51 pm »
I believe the last game update was wings.

I wish they would make a new source code like DelightfulRevenge had mentioned. It would be a nice change if they made new textures, or perhaps even new animation for running and such. Swimming backwards (not on camera lock) looks like some weird moonwalk. xD

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline opticker

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Otaku
    • View Profile
    • Nyan
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 04:07:58 am »
Most of you probably dont believe me, but i am actually one of the original members since 2010. this is my secondary account because i used my real name on my first one >~< i joined when i was 11 and i am now 16, and man was the ride great! i remember freaking out when wings were released XD, i really do hope that Kovu comes back soon (Wasnt he making a facebook game or something?)

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:47 am »
Unfortunately, you can't exactly make a new source code without redoing the entirety of the game from scratch afaik. It's definitely doable with a team of seasoned programmers (or one very knowledgeable and patient person!), but the game created likely wouldn't be feralheart as you know it.

Even if it was released, programmers usually have their own style of coding-- which sometimes makes adding or altering things difficult for anyone except its original author.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »
@Opticker: It certainly has! I joined in 2011 and have loved this game ever since. I have been looking for others like this, but there really isn't one that is as unique and customizable as Feral Heart. ^^

@Crookfish~: That would make sense. I wouldn't want much to change anyway. It's too bad about that source code though.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧