Author Topic: Virus was installed on my computer rather than feral heart.  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Athaera

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I went to the site. I clicked download. It took me to adfly. It downloaded the download manager. It gave me offers of stuff to download, such as a toolbar, an antivirus, a PC optimizer, PC tech support. I said no on all of them. It downloaded all of them. It did not download feral heart. My antivirus was blocking pretty much every thing tat was being download, and the antivirus downloaded by the download manager attempted to set itself as the primary antivirus. I had to do a system restore because I was getting pop ups and my computer started running slow and I couldnt do anything. Really what the hell. What happened.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Virus was installed on my computer rather than feral heart.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 10:23:01 pm »
Our download is 100% safe.

I am truly sorry that you encountered this issue but it was without a doubt due to an error on your part or because your computer was already infected long before you downloaded Feral Heart. Of course we warn users to be very careful that they read what they are installing when the installation pop up comes up. Sometimes ads or side pop ups will come up while you're attempting to download something. Sometimes you might accidentally press the wrong flashing "download" option. In that case it was simply a mistake from your side.

I would suggest you try a system restore on your pc if it is still infected and then try to download Feral Heart more carefully afterwards.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:10:48 pm »
Did you download what Adfly advertised? Because that is not the download to the actual game.

Offline Athaera

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 11:33:40 pm »
I came on this site and when I go to download it redirects me to adfly? Why ?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:36:43 pm »
It does that to everyone. All you have to do is wait for the little count down at the top right of the screen and then a big bright "skip" button should appear. You simply have to press that skip button to proceed to the FH download.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:35 pm »
I went to the site. I clicked download. It took me to adfly. It downloaded the download manager. It gave me offers of stuff to download, such as a toolbar, an antivirus, a PC optimizer, PC tech support. I said no on all of them. It downloaded all of them. It did not download feral heart. My antivirus was blocking pretty much every thing tat was being download, and the antivirus downloaded by the download manager attempted to set itself as the primary antivirus. I had to do a system restore because I was getting pop ups and my computer started running slow and I couldnt do anything. Really what the hell. What happened.

Upon going to the Adfly site, make sure you always click the top right hand button that says "Skip Ad." Everything else on that page will be a download ad to some sort of software; this was most likely what you clicked. As Lord Suragaha has suggested, you should do a system restore to make sure you get rid of any unwanted malware. If you do go to download Feral Heart again from Adfly, just make sure you don't click any of the downloads advertised in the center of the screen.

I came on this site and when I go to download it redirects me to adfly? Why ?

The Feral Heart website is up and running because of Adfly and other ads. Since this is a non-profit game, they do not have the funding to get rid of these ads, sorry to say. Hope things go more smoothly for you next time around. If you need any further help, just feel free to ask.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Athaera

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:50:53 pm »
Oh okay I see now, but I think there should be a warning about that on the download screen :) thanks!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 12:10:23 am »
Glad we've been able to clear that up with you now.

Will take note of that issue too. Again I apologize for any mix up you may have had earlier. I do hope you'll be able to get your computer back up and running fine again soon. If this issue is resolved then now I shall go ahead and lock this topic. If you have any other issues or seek help again feel free to open another help thread or send a private message to a staff member like myself.

Locking thread now.