Author Topic: Help with Mass Markings (w/ visual aid (PICTURE HEAVY!))  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
Help with Mass Markings (w/ visual aid (PICTURE HEAVY!))
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:41:03 am »
Help me out floofs! A couple friends and I were talking together and we all decided, for the fun of it, to make chars from Wolf's Rain because we were bored and had nothing better to do. I had mentioned that maybe I should make Wolf's Rain markings for the game, and they both agreed. So to put it short I went ahead and began to make the markings, starting with Toboe.

Here is how the head appeared (like it was suppose to):

However...The body is a bit of a problem, and I can't figure out why:

Is there a way to fix this problem? Or is it simply because I've reached the Mass Marking limit and its confusing FeralHeart? If there is a way to fix this then please tell me how, I'd love to figure this out and (hopefully) make markings for Hige and Tsume as well and release them as a download to the public.

And I would hate to nitpick, I really would, but whoever put together the Mass Markings...Didn't do such a good job :/. I'm not trying to point paws at anyone, but it upsets me how some markings are out of wack and others don't even show up (which btw, the last MM pack I downloaded was Aug 22 so I believe I am up-to-date). Let me show you what I mean.

For example, there are two Rottweiler markings in the list. Why?:

And then, the following markings don't even show up:

Now for the markings that come up as other markings in the list, but in the markings.cfg file they are written how they should be and yet FeralHeart doesn't register them (like my Toboe body marking). And btw, TinyPic has had like five heart attacks on me thus far trying to upload these shots o.o:

Why is there a tail marking for the body?:

And also, the Backstripe/Topstripe for the canine was set to register the fmarkTopStripeTail.png marking instead which...Why?:

Which I then fixed:

Ok, I'm done ranting about the markings now, after I like killed and revived TinyPic several times for this. My main problem is though, as I will restate, I need help with the body Mass Marking for my Toboe markings. FeralHeart won't show what I have set for it and instead gives me something else that it shouldn't. Everything for the Feline seems to work just fine (except for those Monster Hunter markings), and the Monster Hunter markings show up on the Canine's head but not the body which I don't get. Anything that may help is appreciated! Thanks!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Mass Markings (w/ visual aid (PICTURE HEAVY!))
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:51:28 am »
Don't worry, you're not the only one that is experiencing this.

I believe it's due to the amount of markings, as Feralheart only allows a certain amount (not sure what it is). Once there are more markings than the maximum amount, then it goes back to the default markings.

As for a solution, I'm not too sure...
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »
As Ingredient said, it only allows a certain amount, and cycles through it at COMPLETE random, causing many ragefits and banging of heads.

The maximum I believe is 255(Sound familiar?), though more than that work at different times.
There is no real solution to this either.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 04:48:32 pm »
As Ingredient said, it only allows a certain amount, and cycles through it at COMPLETE random, causing many ragefits and banging of heads.

The maximum I believe is 255(Sound familiar?), though more than that work at different times.
There is no real solution to this either.

My suggestion to this would be make a separate folder of your markings and place them on your desktop. Then just go and sift through the markings in your FH files (not the new folder you have just made) you don't want on FH as of right now and delete them. Try to get down to 255 markings and try using them now. I'm not sure if this will work, so always make backup folders before experimenting! Good luck on the Wolf's Rain deary.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:42:58 am »

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 11:26:32 am »
I vvould try to just re-install it. The TF2 markings do not vvork for me. DX But yes, do try to re-install and remove markings you don't vvish to use.
BOOM!