Author Topic: Opinions on Mate or Adoption Centers?  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Mate or Adoption Centers?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 01:12:46 am »
whenever i see a mate center it usually consists of people who aren't very mature so i've never really made any friends in there.

plus, every fh couple i've met was founded in a role-play, not through the center

it's useful for people who don't want to role-play in groups or something to find a mate

then the adoption center, it's kind of the same deal, but when i first joined FH i went there all the time and we had this pretty awesome RP that just stemmed off of "pls adopt me"

so i guess it depends on which one you go to, and who's there at what time, because i've had some pretty bad experiences, but i had that one cool experience too.

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 05:34:44 am »
I'm fine with them, as long as they don't spam the chat.

Offline anahel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • the matrix has you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 06:46:25 am »
I don't see a problem with them, personally.

Adoption centres are usually ignored these days, at least from what I've seen. They seem to have lost their popularity. I guess they can be fun for it you just want to kick off a short, non-serious roleplay, although I do remember once dragging my entire pride with me from Fluorite to Bonfire so my character (the pride's queen) and her mate (the pride's king) could have cubs. I believe it was sometime back in 2012, so I'm not sure how well they work now, but the cubs stayed active in the group and were actually decent roleplayers.

Mate centres are amusing, to say the least. I've joined them, I've hosted them, I still do. Not that I'd ever actually take a mate from there or even really try to do one, but they're hilarious to watch and incredibly dumb at times. Like, jaw dropping "are you kidding me" dumb. Getting involved somehow makes it even more so. If you don't like them, block them. When I was younger I adored them because they gave me a chance to make friends and find an RP, and as a new player that was hard.

So what I'm saying is they're great for the new players and the kids, or anyone who just wants a fun, funny roleplay that probably won't last more than an hour.

returning 2011 player on a new account. just trying to remember how it all works c:
avi from here

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »
Adoption Center- I think this is great especially for people who are in a RP and are looking for pups/cubs. Its also kinda like a mini community. I remember a few years ago I would just enjoy sitting with other in the adoption center and we would just talk and laugh and have a good time.
Mate Center- Though, when I first joined in 2011 on my original account, I participated in this quit often, but now I'm not such a big fan. I feel like people judge you too much, though it can also be fun and you can all laugh.
All in all, I don't really mind either. As long as it stays under control and doesn't get too crazy then I don't see the problem with it.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 06:48:20 pm »
I honestly enjoy the sight of Mate and Adoption centers. They bring a smile to my face at times when I see them.

I know at times though the constant possible caps that would happen bother me, but other than that it is interesting to see them. You never know the kind of creative characters will join in the centers to find a mate or parent. I honestly was thinking of making a breed and going to one to see what would happen. See if anyone would wish to mate an oddity or want to adopt one.

Though it really pains me when I see negativity and people being rude to one another. Especially if they are in MC or AC. On this game everyone has a right to do what makes them happiest if it is within rule guidelines, but there are others who simply don't really care, and are still rude cause they want something their way or are just being a bit of a butt fluff. So I honestly feel badly for some of the members who join hose places. Cause it could possibly make them feel self-conscious about them joining due to all the negativity.

So..I honestly wouldn't mind seeing those centers running about being happy. Though if things get too negative in one map I think it might be better for them to run off into another more quiet and happy map. So that it's peaceful and the members could do what they wish in their little events. Though sadly with how big Feral Heart's community is I would see that rather difficult. So whever they go honestly I hope they continue to have their fun.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble