Author Topic: What Are Your Thoughts on Nursing?  (Read 3407 times)

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Nursing?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:55 am »
I don't see any problem with it tbh. I mean, nursing is something that happens in real life all the time, and it's not sexual.

Also, I'd be wiling to bet that those players were Americans. Nursing seems to be kind of taboo in America [I think it's treated the same in Canada where I live but I'm not 100% sure]

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 04:42:49 am »
Babies need to eat and in nature an animal can't exactly whip up a batch of formula and bottle feed an infant nursing is not inappropriate in any way, shape or form. I doubt anyone would raise a fuss about an adult character feeding on plants or other animals but since nursing happens to involve a nipple people get their panties in a bunch and try to tell people it's not okay.

In nature an animal nurses not only to nourish it's young (Would it be more inappropriate to role play an infant starving? or would that be okay with these people?) but also to develop a parental bond. An infant that does not nurse will frequently have abandonment issues or be socially stunted and mothers that do not nurse also tend to be generally poor mothers (and as we know poor mothers in nature tend to eat or abandon their babies). Animals do nurse and it's not a gross or (As I assume these people feel) sexual thing it is however a nurturing and natural behavior.

Further more I wanna say that since animals do not understand the idea of nudity breasts are not a big deal, really they should not be a big deal ever but "oh noes! it's mildly related to female sexuality, we must shield the youth!" or some other dumb garbage. Really anyone who behaves like nursing is inappropriate is acting like a child or religious extremist.

Jay got just a little bit into ranty essay mode here. Sorry 'bout that.

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 03:06:39 am »
Babies need to eat and in nature an animal can't exactly whip up a batch of formula and bottle feed an infant nursing is not inappropriate in any way, shape or form. I doubt anyone would raise a fuss about an adult character feeding on plants or other animals but since nursing happens to involve a nipple people get their panties in a bunch and try to tell people it's not okay.

In nature an animal nurses not only to nourish it's young (Would it be more inappropriate to role play an infant starving? or would that be okay with these people?) but also to develop a parental bond. An infant that does not nurse will frequently have abandonment issues or be socially stunted and mothers that do not nurse also tend to be generally poor mothers (and as we know poor mothers in nature tend to eat or abandon their babies). Animals do nurse and it's not a gross or (As I assume these people feel) sexual thing it is however a nurturing and natural behavior.

Further more I wanna say that since animals do not understand the idea of nudity breasts are not a big deal, really they should not be a big deal ever but "oh noes! it's mildly related to female sexuality, we must shield the youth!" or some other dumb garbage. Really anyone who behaves like nursing is inappropriate is acting like a child or religious extremist.

Jay got just a little bit into ranty essay mode here. Sorry 'bout that.

I completely agree with what you said. People nowdays freak out over what is very natural. o_e

Echoing harmony

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 08:32:05 pm »
People who think Nursing is Vulgar are possibly people who do not understand realism or maybe little children. Thus' I have no problem with nursing in rp. For I have done myself, and I think people over re-act to it because it isn't something they see everyday in the game. More less, there isn't a problem with it:)

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 09:02:23 pm »
I'm perfectly fine with nursing. You can't have a very very young pup, cub, what have you that is suddenly equipped with the teeth and digestive properties to eat meat. Nursing is a necessity and I don't find anything wrong or gross with a natural process.

Those that are grossed out by nursing are just about as bad as the people that are grossed out by the public breast feeding of women, just my opinion of course. No desire to offend anybody.

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 10:33:20 am »
I don't see anything bad about it. It's natural with all mammals. It shows us how strong the bond is between mother and her young.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:05:55 pm by WhereSunRises »
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 12:50:27 am »
Nursing is a natural thing tat women do to their children what animals do with their young. So in my eyes this is nothing disturbing or terrible to witness.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Goldroses

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Story
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 05:02:56 am »
I dont see anything wrong with nurseing. I think it's natural and in no way sexual. Why would it be? I have never seen a woman get pregant from her baby nurseing. Lots of animals nurse, it's natural. Plus, I haven't ever seen a movie rated "R" for nurseing. It's not like little kids dont know about it (unless they are an only child, the youngest, or mom refuses to use anything but the bottle) since most kids see their younger siblings nurse.
Find me in game or on the forms! I love making friends so feel free to message me~!