Author Topic: "Feralheart has stopped working!"  (Read 793 times)

Offline laureateleonheart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
"Feralheart has stopped working!"
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:39:22 pm »
Everytime I fix one error, I just get another. >_>
Alright, so I'm using a Windows 7 computer. I downloaded the web download and regular download first - they made me change the it from opening to Ogre to DirectX, which was fine, and download the missing .dll files, also fine, but even then it gave me a "Feralheart has stopped working" error, and closed it. I then attempted the torrent - didn't need to download the .dll again, thankfully, BUT it did make me change to DirectX, and STILL gave me the "stopped working" error. I'm so irritated, I don't even know what I'm doing wrong. Is there anyway to fix this?
I'm sorry for posting so much in the forums, by the way. I used to have no problem with Feralheart on other computers, and I'm so stressed about this.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: "Feralheart has stopped working!"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 01:12:38 am »
Try uninstalling then reinstalling the game. It is always your first resort when you come into contact with a problem like this.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:39:14 am »
Have you tried changing your rendering system? If you haven't, try going to your Feralheart folder, and open "ogre.cfg." The rendering system should either be "Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" or "OpenGL Rendering Subsystem." If the rendering system is set to "OpenGL," then change it to "Direct3D9," visc versa, depending on what you have in the computer, and then restart FH. Let me know if this works. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline laureateleonheart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, to no avail.

and yes, I have already changed it to Direct3D9 numerous times. That fixed a problem I had been having where it showed nothing but a black screen (but played the music), but started the whole "Feralheart has stopped working" error.