Author Topic: Favorite Album  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Favorite Album
« on: July 18, 2015, 03:45:19 pm »
All you music lovers have got your favorite songs, favorite artists... and I'm sure you have a favorite album too. The songs within just all seem to appeal to you.

So what's your favorite album? It could be your favorite artist, or just a collection you took a liking to.

As for myself, I'm quite fond of Pink Floyd's - The Wall album. I find the war-like themes and lyrics very meaningful, and the music just appeals to me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:09:25 pm by TwistedLizard »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Album
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »
OH MY GOD UHHHHH.... I love a lot of albums. This is a really hard choice...

I have to choose a tie between Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie and The Moon And Antarctica by Modest Mouse. Both albums are beautiful and ingeniously made.

Transatlanticism, other than being a hard title name to pronounce (at least for me), is just simply a beautiful album. I could just fall asleep or daydream to the tracks on the album. The opening song is outstanding and it completely covers much of the other tracks on the album. The other tracks never cease to disappoint me. I really like the album art too. Death Cab For Cutie is such a great band. <3333

The Moon And Antarctica gets dark over time in the album. Well, most of Modest Mouse's older music where pretty dang dark, and they still kinda are. This was between their transition between styles and they were starting to get popular when the album was released so this isn't their popular album with the people who like this band. There is a lot of mega-hipsters who like MM XC lol. I personally like it though because it flows really nicely and the songs are really deep. It's just a nice transition from the obvious drug references in their earlier albums, and the lead songwriter improved on his writing too compared to the earlier albums. His songs could be considered poetry. Issac is a really nice songwriter.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »
OH MY GOD UHHHHH.... I love a lot of albums. This is a really hard choice...

I have to choose a tie between Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie and The Moon And Antarctica by Modest Mouse. Both albums are beautiful and ingeniously made.

Transatlanticism, other than being a hard title name to pronounce (at least for me), is just simply a beautiful album. I could just fall asleep or daydream to the tracks on the album. The opening song is outstanding and it completely covers much of the other tracks on the album. The other tracks never cease to disappoint me. I really like the album art too. Death Cab For Cutie is such a great band. <3333

The Moon And Antarctica gets dark over time in the album. Well, most of Modest Mouse's older music where pretty dang dark, and they still kinda are. This was between their transition between styles and they were starting to get popular when the album was released so this isn't their popular album with the people who like this band. There is a lot of mega-hipsters who like MM XC lol. I personally like it though because it flows really nicely and the songs are really deep. It's just a nice transition from the obvious drug references in their earlier albums, and the lead songwriter improved on his writing too compared to the earlier albums. His songs could be considered poetry. Issac is a really nice songwriter.
I think I love you. Modest Mouse is my favorite band of all time! Death Cab For Cutie is also a wonderful band, aye.

but anyway, I really like Radiohead's album Amnesiac, The Bends, and Pablo Honey. 'N Modest Mouse's new album "Strangers To Ourselves" is pretty cool, it's the only MM album I own unfortunately. ;-; I also like "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" by MM, "Building Something Out of Nothing", "Interstate 8", and "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" by them too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:47:59 pm by wolfie. »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:16:53 pm »
I think I love you. Modest Mouse is my favorite band of all time! Death Cab For Cutie is also a wonderful band, aye.

but anyway, I really like Radiohead's album Amnesiac, The Bends, and Pablo Honey. 'N Modest Mouse's new album "Strangers To Ourselves" is pretty cool, it's the only MM album I own unfortunately. ;-; I also like "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" by MM, "Building Something Out of Nothing", "Interstate 8", and "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" by them too.
be my friend forever pls

-clings-