Author Topic: Export Folder - Cluttering map files  (Read 567 times)

Offline ToxicElf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Export Folder - Cluttering map files
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:26 am »
So there is something I need help with. I know you can install more than one map however... I've already gotten one custom map but if I want to get another it will just create a big mess of files and I won't be sure which files belong to which map if I ever wanna delete any other maps I wanna download.

So to prevent all those files from cluttering the Exports folder what would I do?

I tried creating a folder within the Export folder (Like I had seen in a tutorial video for installing a map) but when I put map files into the folder within the Exports folder its portal disappeared from The Cape of Distant Worlds.

I just don't want the Exports folder to be all cluttered with various files. So could anyone help? :x

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Export Folder - Cluttering map files
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:14 am »
Unfortunately, you can't really create folders inside of the Exports folder, or your map won't be seen as existent. If you want your map to work, and if you want to be able to enter the map, you will have to put them directly in the Exports folder. This can be seen as a bit cluttered, but that was where the files were meant to be placed.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Export Folder - Cluttering map files
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:39:57 am »
Like Warriorstrike said before me, you cannot create folders inside the Exports folder itself otherwise your maps will not show up. While it may seem cluttered the way it's meant to be, it's really the only way you can have all of your maps exist and be accessible. If you're ever looking to uninstall any maps, the best advice I can give ye' is to save all of the folders belongin' to the maps you've installed somewhere else in your computer. That way, if you ever choose to uninstall a map, simply look in the original folder to see which files you need to remove from the Exports and misc. folders. Be careful, though. If you know a file was replaced with a new one each time you installed a different map, I don't recommend you deleting it because it may affect the maps you would like to keep. Delete the files you can, including the .fhm file belonging to the map you want to uninstall. Hopefully this helps a bit?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:42:19 am by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic