Author Topic: El Capitan - Mac  (Read 811 times)

Offline NeonWolfeh

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
El Capitan - Mac
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:33 am »
So Mac got the new update and I unknowingly updated my laptop's software which now means I can no longer play FH.
Is there no way someone could update FH so that it can be playable for people like myself who didn't know the update would not be compatible with the new X11(XQuartz)?
Surely there must be someone who can do it?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:03:26 am by NeonWolfeh »

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: El Capitan - Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 02:30:36 pm »
Unfortunately, updating FH is not an option. Since the maker of the game has retired from working on it to go do more projects and did not leave the code that allows us to work on the game, it cannot be updated.

Sadly, I do not know much about Macs nor do I know the properties of what their updates contain. Do ye 'ave Wine, though? I know Wine is a good way to get FH to work on Macs, but I do not know if 'tis the only way to get it to work or if there are other options as to get it to play. If ye be using Wine already and it be Quartz that is just not letting ye work with it, can ye change back to the previous update?

I believe someone had the same issue and managed to 'ave this fixed by calling Apple itself. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the thread where this issue occurred. Calling the experts is always a good way to go, so if ye can't seem to get it fixed by our fantabulous staff of FH /and some Mac/ wizards, I suggest ye give Apple a call and see if they can tell ye what ye need to get things back in working order.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 03:11:03 pm »
I believe there was a thread with a solution to this problem here. It looks to me as though the only way to play the game again is to revert back to your former Mac version, since we can't update the game ourselves, but if another floof finds you a better solution, hopefully that will work for you, as well.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline NeonWolfeh

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:28:39 pm »
Thank you both but I am unable to go back to the old software because I needed to have the time machine which I guess I never turned on and Apple do not have the old software on the App Store so I was unable to get it by downloading it when I had cleared my disk.

I guess I'll just be unable to go on FH again, thanks for trying.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:36:55 pm »
Perhaps some of our Mac users could provide ye with their software version of Mac? I'm sure someone happens to 'ave a copy of the update b'fore this one.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧