Author Topic: Issue with Presets {Unresolved}  (Read 1252 times)

Offline luminouskadence

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Issue with Presets {Unresolved}
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:42:22 am »
Hello there, FeralHeart members! I have searched extensively through multiple websites on how to fix my issue I am having, but I cannot seem to get it done and that is why I have come to the forums. I understand the process of having to enter the presets into the multiple preset folders and opening it in the game, but my preset will not work and it is only showing up black and white. Can someone please help me? I am putting screencaps with step by step of what I am doing, and if someone can see what I am doing wrong, please tell me!

1) I am going into my Local Disk (c:) -> Feral Heart -> My_Presets -> Preset_7

2)I have all of the images I want to use labeled as "Preset_7(bodypart)(L/R)" and they are all .png files.

3)I enter into the FeralHeart game, I go to Tools -> Preset Maker -> and I open up Preset 7.

The issue I am coming into is that no matter what I name the files to, they always come up as a black and yellow mess. Is this an issue with the way I am labeling my preset images or is it something else? Please help me if you can!
"Tomorrow is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" - Lyndon B. Johnson

Offline Viperther

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Presets {Unresolved}
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:36 am »
Hello! Maybe you should try renaming it with .jpg, if you have tried this, are you making sure you are naming it preset_7head.jpg? If this still doesn't work, delete the 'R' and 'L' on the files. If this doesn't work, I don't know how to help you.

Good luck!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:02:34 am by Viperther »

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:20:28 am »
I believe this might help with your situation.
If not, I'll look into it more and see what I can find to help.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline luminouskadence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:11:57 pm »
Hello! Maybe you should try renaming it with .jpg, if you have tried this, are you making sure you are naming it preset_7head.jpg? If this still doesn't work, delete the 'R' and 'L' on the files. If this doesn't work, I don't know how to help you.

Good luck!  ;)

Hello there, and I'd like to thank you for your comment on this issue. Unfortunately, neither your answer nor Tamu's were able to help my issue. Im still searching for a solution to this issue.
"Tomorrow is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" - Lyndon B. Johnson

Offline enseeyar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • who are you, that you do not know your history?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
Have you edited the preset_7material code? from preset_7body.jpg to preset_7body.png?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:16:18 pm »
I do spot your issue actually! The body, face and eyes files are both identical and you are only required to have one. Delete one from head, body and eyes, then remove the last letter from it ('L' or 'R'). Also, your files must be .JPG, so convert these. :)

Hope this helps!

Here is to make it easier...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:24:06 pm by Ritatalia »

Offline luminouskadence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 10:09:35 pm »
I do spot your issue actually! The body, face and eyes files are both identical and you are only required to have one. Delete one from head, body and eyes, then remove the last letter from it ('L' or 'R'). Also, your files must be .JPG, so convert these. :)

Hope this helps!

Here is to make it easier...

Thank you so much! That fixed my whole issue! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! I have been struggling for weeks to fix this issue, and I can't tel you how much it means to me that you helped me finally fix it! Seriously, I can't even tell you! Thank you~

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 10:12:43 pm »
I'll lock this thread since you've found the answer to your problem. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.