Author Topic: Map Ideas?  (Read 1480 times)

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Map Ideas?
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:00:36 am »
Though my plans are to distance myself from Feral-Heart for the next several months, not much will stop me from making maps. I will not be able to login to the game for awhile, and by this point I find it to be a good thing.
However, I would like some map ideas. I'm rather closed-minded when it comes to maps, and a lot of my maps are similar.
I will not do Warrior Cat maps, since there's just so many of them already out there.
Toss out some suggestions or ideas, I'm eager to hear them. Once the discussion dies out, I'll be inactive for a long while.

AutumnTheWulf

Re: Map Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 10:55:23 am »
Hm well I have a few ideas for you.

For example a village map or a as I like to call it ''Sky or Heaven map''. I think that would be cool, we don't get to see a lot of these types of maps here on feral heart.
Maybe a Island map would be a good idea.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:32:35 am »
Hmmm, okay, I have an image in my head... Perhaps I can make something like it someday too, but yeah. ^^'

Perhaps you can make a sort of cave-like map, with a secluded little village of some sort. There can be dark twists to it and stuff like that, too, and some sort of plants intended for the cave. (Or just plants that survive without sunlight, strangely but interestingly.)

Or maybe not a cave, but more of a "dark world" of some sort. :{o

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »
I'm trying to think... hmm..

perhaps you could possible do some kind of wastelands map? A bit like the outlanders almost I guess! You could get really creative with it and maybe even turn it into some kind of volcanic ruin? Add a few old meshes to it and all, some dead trees as well and I'd think it'd be quite awesome!

Anyway, good luck :)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:46:24 pm »
A dark forest with mixed trees, rocks etc.
I have an idea in my head of a typical Swedish forest.
Perhaps with a river flowing through, maybe a waterfall.
RETIRED.

Offline Kurou

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »
Something Alice In Wonderland-related would be SO awesome <3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 11:39:55 pm »
I'll move this over to the Work In Progress Maps & Map Discussion board so that other users will know that you're looking for some ideas for your map.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:08 am »
I'd love to see something tropical or maybe kinda marshy. I feel we have a bunch of European or North American forests and more plains type maps then one could shake a stick at but I don't really see any thickly forested jungle type maps. I know this is likely because it can cause havoc on some computers with the sheer amount of models but I think if done well it could look pretty good.