Author Topic: Need help downloading a map  (Read 607 times)

Offline angryanteater

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Need help downloading a map
« on: December 22, 2015, 05:42:18 am »
I've tried unzipping into the "export" folder and all sorts of things and still the thing won't download. I even had to re-download the game plus lose all my previously downloaded item packs after messing up and putting some of the fho files into the objects file. I just really need help ^^''
In-game username: angryanteater

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Need help downloading a map
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 08:19:52 am »
What map are you downloading, and are there any folders in the downloaded map file that says 'exports'/'whateverfilename'?
If so, you might want to try copying and pasting everything in that folder to the specified folder in C:/>FeralHeart.
To make more sense:
Say a folder in the downloaded file says 'exports', everything in that folder I would copy and paste into C:/>FeralHeart>exports.
If another folder said 'textures' I would copy and paste everything in there to 'C:/>FeralHeart>media>textures.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Need help downloading a map
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 02:53:02 pm »
When you have downloaded the folder containing all map files, you want to place all these files into Local Disk (C:)\\FeralHeart\\Exports:

.fhm, .fho, .fhs, .fhw

Not all files may appear as some people don't make weathers (.fhw) or skies (.fhs) for their custom maps. The key files are .fhm and .fho. One allows you to enter the map and see the portal in Cape of Distant Worlds, another allows you to view all objects in that map.

If the folder contains any textures, this would mean they are using their own terrain texture (such as grass, stone, dirt etc). To see them you must place that texture (.png or .jpeg/.jpg) into Local Disk (C:)\\FeralHeart\\Media\\Terrains\\Textures

I hope this helps you!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone