Poll

Failed to connect to front server?

Problem with the Server?
1 (100%)
Problem with the Site?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Not being able to login. (Came back to Feralheart.)  (Read 1732 times)

Offline EpicFantasy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Not being able to login. (Came back to Feralheart.)
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »
For awhile i was busy playing other games and basically bored of the game in General because my roleplay instincts were gone for a few years, i came back and brought my instincts of roleplaying with me but this time the game didn't allow me the login. (I have also seen the new post made about login in and it didn't help)
I hope this is a temporary problem for few of us and i hope there is someone out there that can lend me help about this.

Good Day,

EpicFantasy.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Not being able to login. (Came back to Feralheart.)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:32:44 pm »
Hey Hurkan,
If you're having problems, try keeping the window open in the background (do not minimize the window) while you're trying to log on.
Another suggestion is to try and wait 30-60 seconds before you try logging into the game, because the window needs to connect to the server.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:57:53 pm »
Have you tried looking at these suggestions?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have a new system in place to take care of the game and make it more secure. This requires users to open up a new tab on our site, login with their desired account and keep the browser open during the time they play the game. This tab is one of the new security measures, and as much as it might cause more hassle to play the game, we hope that all users understand the importance of having it there. Instructions on how to use it can be found below:

-Either use this link http://feral-heart.com/login/ or click "Play Game" in the right side of the site menu.

-Login to the account you wish to play on by providing the correct details.

-Give it a minute to connect and then launch your FH game client and login through there with the same account.

-Keep the tab and browser open during the whole time you play Feral-Heart.

A quick understanding of the new login

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »
Ok for those of you having problems and those of you who are just interested here is a quick rundown and some possible pitfalls when using the new login.

When you login to this page your "IP address" (the place your connecting from) is allowed to communicate with the game server. As the game server is not on the same node as the website it can take up to 60 seconds from point of login to being allowed to connect.

If you are getting thrown back to the login screen (and your sure your password is right) or just being left with a blank screen not receiving the message "You Must keep This Page Open While You Play". There are two possibilities firstly make sure you have cookies enabled if you can login on this site chances are the are enabled already. The second possibility is you may be banned right now, it currently doesn't show if you're banned and we are still investigating accounts.

There is a third thing that may happen when you try to login which is you get a message "no proxies here", I'll explain that in a moment.

Ok so lets assume your logged in. The page itself reloads every 50 seconds I didn't test with other browsers but I know on Firefox even if the tab is in the background and minimized it will always reload assuming your internet connection is maintained if your internet connection is poor you may want to install some sort of "tab reloading" addon these allow you to specify how often the page is reloaded and then the addon will continuously reload the page(a time of 25 seconds is wise if 50 is causing you trouble as then you have 2 chances to reload the page every minute). Essentially if the page isn't reloaded at least once every 60 seconds you will be logged out. The other possible problem is that what ever browser you choose to use is trying to be "to smart" some may ignore the reload request if the tab is not currently in view. If that's the case try another browser.

At this point you should have a stable link to the server. If you still cant connect I expect your using a proxy. Proxies are an anonymity tool. Not that anyone here should need to use one. Note that a proxy will not work on Feralheart so by having one setup your browser will end up with one IP and because Feralheart cant connect in the same way it will user your real IP. As the two IP's will be different you will not be able to connect. Simple advise here turn it off.

Now we've covered getting connected what might get you disconnected well trying to use the wrong username for one. And this accounts for anyone in your home. Say a sibling tries to get on there account without first logging into the site they will get you both kicked out. Or if you do something wrong in game obviously a moderator might remove you.

Typically though for a lot of users these sessions seem pretty dam stable. I can see there are some sessions that have been active for pretty much a day and that's not because the user is in game they just seem to have left the tab open.

Hopefully this clears things up

Raz

Idk If you already read this specific post but here it is.

Offline EpicFantasy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 06:25:37 pm »
I have read that post and i know that you have to open in a different way which i did.. But for some reason it works now, apparently it was more time based problem rather than a standard one. So Thank you all of your quick response, i appreciate it. I just had to be patience for one hour :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 06:31:57 pm »
Connecting to the internet can be an issue with logging into the game, as well, although I am happy to hear that the game has started working for you! I'll lock this up since your problem has been solved.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.