Author Topic: Preset Help... Gimp  (Read 774 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Preset Help... Gimp
« on: December 29, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »
So I'm making a preset. I'm doing the body right now. Say I want to use a marking from Feral-Heart>media>textures. Is there anyway I could select a marking from that folder and use it for my preset in gimp? By using it as a new layer? You know how you add the fur shade to your preset? Can I do something like that with a body marking?
[/color]

Preach

Re: Preset Help... Gimp
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:08:00 pm »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 10:57:01 pm »
Even though you're not allowed to actually copy and paste default markings onto your preset, you can still use them as a guide or a reference to help you get that marking. Just don't directly put the marking texture as a new layer on your preset file!

For example, it's just like with regular traditional art; don't put the finished artwork under the piece of paper and trace. Put the artwork and the piece of paper side by side and look at the artwork as you draw ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:56 am »
It would actually be great to do your own markings since you're considering it's your own preset! :3 Instead of copying and pasting it you can get an idea of the marking and make one on your preset having some characteristics of it, not all of it though. And I don't think it's possible to put the actual marking as one of your layers because markings are drawn transparently and the rest of the extra space around it is black. This would mean you will need to trace it, but I don't think that's a good idea.

You know how you add the fur shade to your preset?

This one is very useful, and a quicker method to add fur texture to your preset: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=462.0
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:23:35 am by Ritatalia »