Author Topic: GREAT Idea Regarding Realistic Wolf Packs/Cat Clans  (Read 1636 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
GREAT Idea Regarding Realistic Wolf Packs/Cat Clans
« on: December 21, 2015, 01:10:38 am »

No, I'm serious. Think: A map the size of FP with a low amount of meshes (so no lag, but still looks nice) and each pack has its own territory and a linked mini-map for just the pack so they're not all in the main map at once (another precaution against lag). You see so many realistic packs, imagine if they could all be in one map. It'd be so easy to make allies and rivals. Rogues and loners could be abundant and there'd always be someone to rp with, even if nobody in your group was on. Is this brilliant, or is this brilliant?

If i get enough "hell yeah"s, I could get to making the map, and any pack that knew they were ok with it could list specific details they wanted in their territory. Also, imagine if there were personalized meshes to mark the land of your pack, Like an alpha's paw print on a stone or something. Tell me what you guys think.

**could also work with clans. There could be a Packs map and a Clans map, so felines and canines could all be crammed into their respective maps.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: GREAT Idea Regarding Realistic Wolf Packs/Cat Clans
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:50:22 am »
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me, but if you want make it true, I think you should contact as many Realistic wolf pack leaders as possible, and have them spred the word to other realistic wolf packs, two download your map.
I know that you know; The source code is gone, so the staff can sadly not make this great idea come true.
But you can make a public map that all wolf packs should download, so they can go to it in Cape of distance.
doing what i feel like

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:30 pm »
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me, but if you want make it true, I think you should contact as many Realistic wolf pack leaders as possible, and have them spred the word to other realistic wolf packs, two download your map.
I know that you know; The source code is gone, so the staff can sadly not make this great idea come true.
But you can make a public map that all wolf packs should download, so they can go to it in Cape of distance.

Oh, nono not actually in-game, I know that's not possible. I meant a downloaded map in the cape, lol

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:46:50 pm »
I think it would add quite a bit of excitement among avid wolf role-players, I think it's a pretty good idea! c:
Also, I've been unable to find a long-lasting, reliable RP and with a system like this, the groups would have to be reliable if they were holding their own territory, so that's another plus..

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:34:46 pm »
This is a pretty good idea. Just hopefully none of the packs would start a bunch of drama over territory or anything.
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 06:48:34 pm »
I'll move this over to the Work In Progress Maps & Map Discussion board since the topic would seem more fitting there. Interesting idea you have here!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »
I approve of this idea, even though I'm not much into roleplaying anymore. And I like the fact that you thought of each pack having its own minimap with a portal (I hope I am imagining this correctly), but the main map could be a center for roleplay too. I saw this with a Warriors roleplay I was involved in a long time ago and it was very interesting.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.