Author Topic: Account problem (help plox)  (Read 972 times)

Offline wolf-runner

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Account problem (help plox)
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:31:34 pm »
Hellur. c:

Basically, I have a preset that I wanted too use for a roleplay I am in. I have two accounts and tried the preset on both accounts, my primary and secondary. The thing is, that the preset I exported under my secondary account's username doesn't seem to show up.Only I can see it in-game when I have it on, but no one else can see it if they have the preset downloaded.
I tried to use the preset on another account, exported under my primary account's username and gave the file to a friend to test it. The preset works PERFECTLY fine with the primary account, but it doesn't work with my secondary.
We're been doing this over TeamViewer and after hours we found the problem, but neither of us know how to fix it.
Yes, I reinstalled my game.

Is it a problem with my secondary account, like, seriously?
Thank you.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Account problem (help plox)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:41:03 pm »
The fact that you exported it under your primary account name and trying to play with it on your second account is in fact the exact reason why people won't see it in-game.
When a preset is exported to a certain account (the one that is typed into your FeralHeart in-game login) that's the account the preset will permanently stay with, since the .fhp file is under your accounts name so therefore won't be able to be used by any other, unless your preset files are given to someone else.
There is an easy solution though. Simply login to your secondary account via FeralHeart's new login page so you're connected, make sure you've got that exact username typed beside the 'Login' when you open the game and asks you to log in, then go to Tools > Preset Maker and choose the preset you want and export. It should say for a quick few seconds that the preset is being exported to that account. If it doesn't say that however, try actually logging into that account (so that you go to the character selection) and go back to the main menu again, and then try re-exporting the preset in Tools > Preset Maker.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline DangusMangus

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:47:26 pm »
nono, you understood it wrong.
I'm that friend that Simon wrote about.
First, we exported it under secondary account and tried to use it there, but it wasn't showing up to me. when I began to run through my files to look for something that's out of ordinary, she texted me to turn on team viewer. the exported preset, in her secondary account, in her character select, was gone. It's like feralheart itself kicked it out.
I thoight it's a bug of the game, so she reinstalled it, but it was the same thing over and over again. So I got an kdea to export it under primary account's username and test it on that account. It worked. for me and for her.
But the thing is why isn't it working with her secondary account? That's what this thread for.
In-game - Orchee
deviantART - CatCoveredInChalk

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:38 pm »
I would say it must be something to do with the files; however if the preset worked for your primary account then I'm led to being unsure. If you have your preset files displayed as [Character/Username]Body_Left.png etc, then have you tried changing the [Character/Username] to your secondary account's [Character/Username? Although that's probably going to confuse you, since not everyone has files the way I have mine. Hm. Do you have Skype at all, or anything? Perhaps we could work it out together if we could both see the problem.

Offline DangusMangus

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:05:24 pm »
we work through team viewer. but i do have skype. its medevialz.
In-game - Orchee
deviantART - CatCoveredInChalk

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:16 pm »
Hopefully I've sent a Contacts request to the right person, and I also hope I can help ya sort this out. c: