Author Topic: I'm new, and I have a question!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline wrennit

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I'm new, and I have a question!
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:57:40 pm »
Hi there!
Is FeralHeart safe from viruses to download?

Preach

Re: I'm new, and I have a question!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 12:01:27 am »
Hello, and welcome to FeralHeart.

And not at all. So long as you are downloading the game from this site you're fine. Many anti virus software are sensitive to Feral Heart although it isn't a virus nor does it contain any. Just temporarily shut off your anti virus software on your pc before downloading and turn it back on afterwards.

Offline wrennit

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 12:12:22 am »
Thank you for the help!
I'm still a bit worried (Don't worry, I trust you!) because it runs off Torrent (known to give viruses) and Ad.fly (I'm not sure if it's safe.)
Anyone know?

Preach

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 12:16:16 am »
You're not really downloading off of adfly - It's just an ad that will redirect you once you click "skip ad." If you are prompted to download anything off of adfly, don't download whatever they ask you to. It is most likely a virus or another program that you wouldn't want on your computer. When you're on adfly, in the top right-hand corner there will be a countdown. Once it reaches 0, click "spik ad:"

Offline wrennit

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 12:20:26 am »
Yeah.
I have McAfee (or however you spell it) so I'm sure I don't have anything to worry about anyways haha

Preach

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:28 am »
Alrighty then! ^^

Good luck.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:54 am »
As Preach has said above, Feral Heart itself is completely safe to download. If you're not comfortable downloading the Torrent option, the Download option works just as well. (Keep in mind that if you're using a Mac computer, please select the Mac option.) Be sure to skip the Adfly pop-up, you don't want to be downloading anything from there- Adfly is just something that pops up whenever you click a click on the website. If you're worried about a virus, Feral Heart won't give you one, but you're more than welcome to run a scan after you download the installation. Regardless of whether the game would give you a bug or not, it's always good to have a strong virus protection. I'll go ahead and lock this up since your question has been answered. Good luck and enjoy the game! c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.