Author Topic: Feralheart pauses  (Read 1703 times)

Offline GalaxyGlitch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feralheart pauses
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:43:49 pm »
Okay so im not sure if anyone has had this problem before or if it happens to everyone but when i have fh open and i go to another window for example firefox it pauses/freezes feralheart until I click on fh again. I usually have feralheart open and then an internet browser next to it so i can multitask. It used to not pause but now it does and I would like to know if there is any way to make it not pause again so I dont have to keep clicking feralheart to check the chat? Thanks!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart pauses
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:52:30 pm »
I also have this problem from time to time, usually when the game has to load because either so many people are coming in or so many people are disconnecting. It can also be your memory, perhaps? Depending on how many thing you run in the background and how much memory it uses on your computer it could start to slow down performance. Internet can also be a factor and or the weather sometimes.
If I have misunderstood your question that you were asking, I'm sorry.
If the problem persists it might be a bigger issue. . . .
Hope this helped even to a little bit.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 06:57:47 pm »
Usually i minimize the page when i go on firefox. This could help.

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline GalaxyGlitch

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:38 pm »
I also have this problem from time to time, usually when the game has to load because either so many people are coming in or so many people are disconnecting. It can also be your memory, perhaps? Depending on how many thing you run in the background and how much memory it uses on your computer it could start to slow down performance. Internet can also be a factor and or the weather sometimes.

The issue i am having is that feralheart  sorta pauses when i go to another window like firefox but it unpauses when i click on feralheart again. i wanted to know if theres anyway i can stop that from happening so i can have firefox and feralheart open side by side to eachother and i can watch the chat on feralheart and also check my emails or something

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 07:02:14 pm »
When you say it freezes, do you mean the screen looks normal, but you can't look around, or if you can, you do so very slowly?

It could just be some big time lag. Turning your camera toward the sky when you're just watching the chat, turning off water reflection, and turning off name tags are a few ways to reduce lag spikes in game.

Aye, there be ways to reduce lag. ^^

Firstly, make sure you don't have any other windows/background programs running on your computer when you start up FH. Sometimes it also helps to log off and restart your computer, so it will also have a fresh start.
You can also reduce lag by turning off Water Reflection and turning down View Distance (both of these) by going to the title page of the game, and then opening Options>>Video.
If you have any extra maps lying around in your Exports folder, removing some of these may also reduce the things FH has to keep up with in-game. The same goes for any extra/unneeded maps in your Map Maker, which can be removed by taking out the map folders from FeralHeart>>Media>>Terrains.

Try these, and see if they help you a bit. c:

Regardless of whether lag is the problem, I hope you're able to get everything figured out soon.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:04:28 pm by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »
Assuming you mean it freezes as in normally when you do this you're able to see the chat move & such while clicking onto the browser you have open.

I'm pretty sure I once read the reason is behind which render yer on from either Direct or OpenGL

I'm not sure which one it was, but try changing it and seeing if that helps?
artwork by dehvina

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 07:20:24 pm »

The issue i am having is that feralheart  sorta pauses when i go to another window like firefox but it unpauses when i click on feralheart again. i wanted to know if theres anyway i can stop that from happening so i can have firefox and feralheart open side by side to eachother and i can watch the chat on feralheart and also check my emails or something

Ooooh, I know what you're talking about I believe.
I have looked into that and so far I don't think there's a way to really avoid that. ( Of course these other lovely floofs has suggested some good tricks and such ).
But other than that, I've never really been able to keep the game running while looking at something else & I've already done some of the things that were listed.
Maybe it's because there's already so many things that are happening in the game as it is, it tends to do that on its own.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 08:35:33 pm »
As I understand it, the game will look as if it is completely paused if you minimize, and when you tab back it un-pauses.
I used to have this issue before I re-installed my computer.
I am unsure what causes it, however you could try changing the rendering system.
RETIRED.

Offline GalaxyGlitch

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:14 pm »
How do you change it to Open GL? It says I only have direct.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:35:40 pm »
Are ye changing the rendering system with the game pop-up or the in-game settings? In-game settings is where ye can change the rendering system to Open GL. I b'lieve ye can find it in the "Video" tab under settings, if m'memory serves me correctly. I'll let ye know if 'tis otherwise.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧