Author Topic: Issue with Maps and Markings  (Read 762 times)

Offline ColdNothingness

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Issue with Maps and Markings
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:30:28 am »
Ok, so I've run into a few issues with FH on my mac and would like some help, I can launch and get into the game just fine. All the original maps in the game seem to work. The issue arises when I try to download maps for other groups or even a few of the public maps on the forum. I do everything as i've been told to do but when I log into the game nothings changed. No new portal, no nothing. Same thing with the markings, I somehow deleted that folder from my lap top and now despite having re-downloaded it most of my characters still look like white marshmallows. Does any one know what's going on? Am I missing some sort of program to help integrate the maps and new markings/items properly?
Any help would be greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!!

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Maps and Markings
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:39:46 am »
Would you mind sharing what you did when downloading your maps and markings? It will help us figure out where things went wrong.

When you downloaded the markings, did you make sure that after you copied everything in the Feralheart > Media > Textures folder, that you copied and replaced the markings.cfg file into the main Feralheart folder?
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:42:43 am »
When you are unable to see the change when you download new maps to the game, are you putting the files in the correct folders? For the most parts, all of the map files you receive should be placed in the "exports" folder, which can be found in the C:/>>FeralHeart>>exports folder, unless the maker or ReadMe file says otherwise. As for the markings, these files also need to go in specific folders. Most of the downloads that you install should contain some sort of ReadMe or Read This note inside of the download that explains where the files go. The reason you are most likely seeing white, textureless "marshmallows" is because you haven't downloaded markings that other users are using- in most cases, downloading Mass Markings can help fix those marshmallows right up. c:

If you're having issues installing maps, markings, or any other files that you download into the game, some popular programs are WinZip and WinRAR. They're very handy for unzipping files.

Also, when you've downloaded the markings/maps, etc, be sure that you completely close out and re-start the game.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:52:13 am by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 04:15:44 am »
This happened to me before. I have very little experience with maps, but I did figure out how to fix it. The way I fixed it is probably not the same problem you're having... but try opening FeralHeart through the folder if you're not doing that and have it pinned to the task bar. This probably will not help in any way but I thought I just might throw it in... ;)
profile picture by IsabellaGraceS