Author Topic: Map help! (Fixed)  (Read 715 times)

TheBigBadWolfy

Map help! (Fixed)
« on: March 12, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
Alright, so I've been having a bit of a problem recently. I currently have four maps installed into my FH account, all rightly installed and working fine. But recently I've been finding that sometimes, I can't enter these maps without it crashing my entire game. At one point, a friend and I were on an island map, when it suddenly crashed both our games and we couldn't re-enter it, despite we had just been there.

Does anyone know what's going on? We really just want to use the maps without crashing continuously.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:44:30 pm by Alfred »

Cosmic-Wolf

Re: Map help!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »
I've had problems similar to this. However, I usually restarted my game and it worked. What you could try is re downloading the map and see if that helps. Other than that, I'm not really an expert on things like that yet. ^^

TheBigBadWolfy

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 10:49:28 pm »
I've tried restarting and reinstalling the maps, but to no avail.
I hope I won't have to completely remove the maps, they're all very beautiful, and I'm pretty picky about what maps I use.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:57:41 pm »
Perhaps try changing your rendering sub-system? When you're in-game go to your options and there should be a tab called "Video". Under that there is Rendering Subsystem option, if you're unsure which one your game is currently running on, try both. You'll have to restart your game each time you change this option, however.

Let me know if this fixes the problem!

You are amazing <3

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »
Well, there are times when maps can just have to much stuff (Like Meshes) for certain computers to handle. Try changing the rendering system like  Bloo said.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »
Look into your particles folder and delete any duplicate files (anything ending in _0, _1, etc). I would also recommend going into your sky folder and delete any weather/cycle files the map came with

Or, sometimes simply waiting a few days before trying to get back in can help
Farewell everyone<3

TheBigBadWolfy

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 11:44:15 pm »
Alright, removed the weather files from the specific maps and they seem to be working. Thank youto everybody who helped out!
One of the maps I was having trouble with was actually a map you made, Kiki. Shamrock Island, I believe (nicknamed Luau Island by my friend and I), and it's our favourite map.

Anyway, feel free to lock this now. Thanks again to everybody who helped out!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Map help! (Fixed)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 11:48:00 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this up. I'm happy to hear that the maps are working properly now.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.