Author Topic: How do I really enter this community?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Skyobsession

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Stars are just space farts
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
How do I really enter this community?
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »
I've been playing FH since 2012, but I've never really made any longterm friends or connections. Whenever I play I feel happy that I'm there and running around with other people, but I don't really have any ways to RP right now and I don't have a lot I can give to the community media-/creational-wise. I want to really invest myself in this community, be around for a while you know? Have a place I can be a part of again. Sorry if this sounds really over-played, I'm just kind of in a place in my life where I don't have a group to belong to anymore and I drift a lot.
You can find me IG on:
Rhamus
Rajakal
Bahlo
Odah
Anjum
Skywise
Lyrric
(Acc. name Skyobsession)

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: How do I really enter this community?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:10:51 pm »
This might belong more in one of the help threads, rather than the discussion board, as you are seeking help.

But onto your point.

Interacting with people on a regular basis usually forms a connection. Same goes for participating in events and such that happen around the community. Coming to all of the Feralheart Parties and Movie Nights is a great n' fun way to meet new users.

Although you may not feel you have anything to offer the community media-wise, you actually do! Commenting on others' work is another way to connect within the community, as others may be grateful for your feedback.

There's tons of members around Feralheart who'd be willing to have a nice, long conversation with you at any time! Shootin' them a PM, or just chatting in game when you see them is a great way to get to know these fluffy future friendos.

Hopefully we can see each other in game sometime.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:13:48 pm by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Skyobsession

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Stars are just space farts
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:25:04 pm »
This might belong more in one of the help threads, rather than the discussion board, as you are seeking help.

But onto your point.

Interacting with people on a regular basis usually forms a connection. Same goes for participating in events and such that happen around the community. Coming to all of the Feralheart Parties and Movie Nights is a great n' fun way to meet new users.

Although you may not feel you have anything to offer the community media-wise, you actually do! Commenting on others' work is another way to connect within the community, as others may be grateful for your feedback.

There's tons of members around Feralheart who'd be willing to have a nice, long conversation with you at any time! Shootin' them a PM, or just chatting in game when you see them is a great way to get to know these fluffy future friendos.

Hopefully we can see each other in game sometime.

Thanks, I appreciate the help uwu
Sorry for the wrong category >.>
You can find me IG on:
Rhamus
Rajakal
Bahlo
Odah
Anjum
Skywise
Lyrric
(Acc. name Skyobsession)

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »
I know how you feel.
I've been snooping around on the forums since 2012 myself but never actually made any long-term friends until last year. If you're interested in making yourself known, I suggest posting around the forum wherever possible. People have risen in like a month of forum posting from lonely with no friends to 100 skype contacts. Somehow I am terrible at befriending people and keeping up those relationships though lol so my advice might not be great.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Preach

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 10:01:39 pm »
No worries, we always start somewhere!

I was in the same situation when I started the community. On the game, I would have sit in one spot, in one map, for the entire day and just watch everyone chat. I didn't force my way into a conversation and didn't tried to make friends fast. Okay, before you take this wrong way, I'm not saying to do what I did. Just don't force and act who you aren't. Give it time. New friends will come.

A way good to make friend is participate in the forum's game and become sonically active. For example, make a devainart. Many popular/well known users are there and are easy to find. Or, you're aren't shy, share your talents. Share your art or anything you're willing to share. Many people like when others are talented (or cool).  

For ingame, if you're looking for maps where you can find most users from the forum, check out Flourite Plains, bonfire, or Fhico tunnel. C: Those are definitely good places, and I recommend it.

Anyway, being active and outgoing throughout your adventure is ought to give you friends. Also, the staff. They're willing to talk to. They are nice. Pretty much this community is nice. You'll fit quite well. Good luck.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:49 am »
Moving this to forum help c:

But as for your question, what I highly recommend doing is becoming a regular poster here on the forums. Offer someone help, comment on someone's artwork, participate in games or discussion threads, anywhere! The more you post, the more likely it is that people will come to know who you are, which increases your chances of making friends here that will last a long time. Lots of the forum floofs usually hang around Stone Bridge in Fluorite, so joining in around there can give people the opportunity to see you and be like "hey, I know you from the forums!"  It's a good way to make friends, and I'm sure many will start to recognize you in-game. The FH community is rather friendly, so I'm sure you'll be able to make friends where ever you go. Just don't be afraid to jump into a conversation!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 12:43:31 am »
I've been around FH since 2012, but honestly haven't posted on the forums at all until recently. I met a lot of my close friends in-game in roleplays and such which is a good way to make friends and such.

I decided why not get active on the forums since I've got nothing better to do, and it's a great way to meet some new users. Which I have chatted with quite a few I've met on the forums a bit recently.

Assuming you can't make presets or maps, etc from what ye said. It can be quite easy but also pretty complicated at times, I definitely think making presets and maps is a good way to get out there and meet some new people. There are many tutorials on the forums you can check out that would probably help in learning as well as you can find quite a few on YouTube.

However, if you'd ever like to chat, I am almost always on FH and open to chatting with someone new! So don't be afraid to PM me on here or in-game if ye would ever like too. ?
artwork by dehvina

Offline Bearnana

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Chirp chirp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 07:31:42 am »
I have been playing since 2012 as well, & I haven't made any long-term friends on here honestly. Friends come & go, especially on the internet, unfortunately. Sometimes, you outgrow one another or they simply don't come on anymore. It happens.  ::) What I'd suggest is becoming more active on the forums, & just post as regularly as you can! I've seen a huge increase in other players' friendliness levels towards me when I'm more active on the forums than not. Making a deviantart sometimes helps, too! {Even if you're not that artistic, you can always just do your own kind of thing on there, really.}

If you want, even, feel free to add me in-game! This community is so loving & wonderful. It's the greatest thing, really. There are some... rough-around-the-edges people, of course, as with all communities, but there are plenty of floofs here who'd be willing to lend a paw towards you, such as myself. I, & many other users!, would be willing to hang out with you if you're ever feeling lonely on the game. ^^ Friends will always find you here. Give it time. :)
Ingame user: Bearnana
bearnanni.deviantart.com