Author Topic: Mesh Issues  (Read 585 times)

Offline Tribulation

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Me and her against the world.
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Diem
Mesh Issues
« on: March 25, 2016, 09:25:03 am »
This is the last question for the day from me  ;D

I've recently downloaded some meshes and er.. I'll cut the chase and say some of them didn't come with any "READ  ME" notes,
So now I'm stuck with a WINRAR program filled with downloaded mesh folders and not a clue where to put them.
Some of the folders contain meshes that end with .BMP and .JPG, do I just move this into my_objects or objects? And there are a few meshes that read 3D OBJECT, what do I do with this?

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Mesh Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:33 am »
Basically, what I usually do, it drop all the images and mesh files into "my_objects" and put the material file where it goes. For files that aren't jpg, I usually go into paint and I don't edit it, but instead save it as a jpg or sometimes I just leave it alone and still dump it in.
I'll go in the game and go to object maker and set it up, then save it where I feel it belongs.
Material slot = (materialsname).mat OR (materialsname).material
Mesh slot = (meshsname).mesh

I don't know about 3D Objects, but I feel it's the same.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Mesh Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:00:34 pm »
If you downloaded a "mesh pack" (or a whole group of meshes in the download, instead of just one), then you do all that was said by Saltlord above except that you don't need to go into the object maker; the mesh group should already be available for use in the map maker ^^'
Farewell everyone<3