Author Topic: Anyone can make a heightmap?  (Read 849 times)

-WhereSunRises-

Anyone can make a heightmap?
« on: April 17, 2016, 01:51:42 pm »
Hi, I really want to make more maps but Iam total idiot at making heightmaps :/ Whenevr I try to make one I end up deleting it cause' Iam not happy with result. So Iam asking for help. Could anyone make few free heightmaps for me? I've searched trough net already, many people have made heightmaps but none fits me. Would you be so kind and help me please? I want to make large forest map with lake, rivers, hills,.... I want it to be more detailed than most of my maps so the heightmap should be smooth, realstic looking. Thanks!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone can make a heightmap?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »
Have you perhaps checked here(click!)?
There's a few free heightmaps to be found here, as well as packages full of multiple heightmaps.

If none of them look like they're smooth enough right away, you can always take them into GIMP and Gaussian Blur them to smooth out some of the rougher edges.

Worth a shot anyway!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone can make a heightmap?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:20:40 pm »
Seems like you're asking for a map made for you or at the very least the heightmap part of making a map which can be quite some effort, especially if you ask for a detailed one for free.

I'd suggest making a thread here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=58.0

Instead of in the help section since it's for requesting maps or map work.

Also as a reminder, should show on the top of the link Phlox posted, I have a set of some more basic ones that I give out for free here:
http://kovured.com/downloadsheightmap.html

I will lock this thread, and if you'd still want someone to make something specific, feel free to use the section linked above on the forum for map requests.
Former community manager of FeralHeart