Author Topic: Tearless Mod [Fixed]  (Read 1642 times)

Offline AshyEsy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • ashyesy
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Tearless Mod [Fixed]
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:39:31 pm »
So, I downloaded Tearless Mod quite awhile back through http://renascentia.freeforums.net/thread/99/realistic-fur-texture <---that link, and I recently attempted creating a preset, but when I added cheadShade.jpg to my preset made on gimp, it was completely distorted, is this a problem I created or does it have something to do with the Tearless Mod?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:06:21 am by Ashy »

Pansexual Pride

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Tearless Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:44:27 pm »
When adding fur textures, depending on what art program you're using, ( Me , Gimp ) what I do is open the layer in the art program...then I set the texture to multiply. Once that's done I add a new layer and I name it 'Base Coat' ( you don't have to of course ) and then I color it whatever color I want and then move the layer under the fur texture. From there I add a new layer in between the base and the texture and just color/add details.

You don't HAVE to do this but this works better for me whenever I want to know where everything goes and such.
Hope I didn't confuse ya ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:15:49 pm »
Another suggestion is to make sure the texture isn't a different size than your preset file. For example, if you're working with a file 512x512 and you past a texture that's like 1000x1000, the texture will appear weird/enlarged compared to your file (in other words, the texture won't resize itself). If this is the case, then all you have to do is resize the texture and it should be ok ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline AshyEsy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • ashyesy
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 02:04:48 am »
Another suggestion is to make sure the texture isn't a different size than your preset file. For example, if you're working with a file 512x512 and you past a texture that's like 1000x1000, the texture will appear weird/enlarged compared to your file (in other words, the texture won't resize itself). If this is the case, then all you have to do is resize the texture and it should be ok ^^
When adding fur textures, depending on what art program you're using, ( Me , Gimp ) what I do is open the layer in the art program...then I set the texture to multiply. Once that's done I add a new layer and I name it 'Base Coat' ( you don't have to of course ) and then I color it whatever color I want and then move the layer under the fur texture. From there I add a new layer in between the base and the texture and just color/add details.

You don't HAVE to do this but this works better for me whenever I want to know where everything goes and such.
Hope I didn't confuse ya ^^
Thank you once again ;D

Pansexual Pride

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Tearless Mod [Fixed]
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:24:51 am »
Of course! c:

Locking this since the issue was solved. Have fun making your preset!
Farewell everyone<3