Author Topic: Quick Question from a Mac User  (Read 1160 times)

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • being active is hard :(
    • vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
Quick Question from a Mac User
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:07:44 am »
Is there going to eventually be a download port for the mac? I understand it involves wine and all of that, and I understand that there is a way to use PlayOnMac or whatever, but will there be an individual mac download?
sorry if this is a pointless question to ask
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

i've been very inactive for a very long time :(

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question from a Mac User
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:13:39 am »
I'm sure someone can/will package a Mac/Linux download eventually, since there have been some up for download previously.

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • being active is hard :(
    • vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:52 am »
I'm sure someone can/will package a Mac/Linux download eventually, since there have been some up for download previously.
Yeah, I suppose. I just thought I'd go ahead and ask because I'm rather impatient :')

I think my biggest concern is stability and if its easy to access the files for textures and such, and the setup I put together for the new update didn't really have that.
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

i've been very inactive for a very long time :(

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 10:36:49 am »
I think you will find PlayOnMac covers everything your asking for even with the Mac version you needed Xquartz. so the only difference is your having to install PlayOnMac the script downloads the game and everything for you.

And as I've said before I do not have a Mac so providing support is much more difficult better to have one thing that can be maintained for both Mac and Linux.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me