Author Topic: Game crashing all of a sudden  (Read 1095 times)

Offline EWSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • EWSpirit
    • EWSpirit
    • View Profile
Game crashing all of a sudden
« on: July 08, 2016, 12:44:34 am »
...Wow this is strange. Anyways I was happily working on a map, I saved and closed FH, ate supper, and when I came back I click on the FH icon and before the game can even load it crashes with the evil 'FH has stopped working' message. No idea what happened. I haven't downloaded anything anywhere for a while either. I really am at a loss of what to do since I can't even get into the game. I have also been running FH on the settings they're at (rendering, high graphics quality, fancy water etc) for more than a year with no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashing all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:46:22 am »
Perhaps you have a file that was moved or corrupted which could be the cause of why the game is crashing. Maybe try installing the game again. Go to this thread http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=20925.0 It explains some reason on why your game could be crashing.

Offline EWSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • EWSpirit
    • EWSpirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:58:01 am »
I tried changing the rendering system and it did nothing, I found some duplicate particles ending in _0 and _1 so I deleted them but now it's crashing even faster. I really don't like reinstalling the game because saving all the important things is a serious pain to do.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 01:29:48 am »
It can be a pain, but if it keeps crashing like that I think you should install it again. Maybe try creating a separate folder for the files you want, and then put them in there.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 02:29:17 am »
Try right clicking on the FH icon and running it as Administrator. You may also want to make sure that the map you were working on isn't causing a crash. I doubt that it would, but double checking the heightmap to make sure it has all the right specs wouldn't hurt.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.