Author Topic: FeralHeart version 1.15 black backgrounds!  (Read 2543 times)

Offline jennybean

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FeralHeart version 1.15 black backgrounds!
« on: July 28, 2016, 05:29:10 am »
I just installed the new update of FeralHeart. I ended up uninstalling all versions and then installing the 1.15 version again. I can load it up fine, but the background is completely black. There are no duplicate files that i can see. I also don't have any mods installed. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? I really want to see the update!

ArcticGalaxy

Re: FeralHeart version 1.15 black backgrounds!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 05:35:06 am »
Try looking >HERE<

Offline jennybean

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:04:10 am »
Thank you, but I have already tried this. It's not just the maps that are black. The character creation/select screen and login screen are black as well.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:10:24 am »
Ah, you may be missing the maps then. Go into FeralHeart>media>terrains>fhmaps and tell me what all you have in that folder.

Offline jennybean

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 06:16:38 am »
This is the contents of my fhmaps folder (just the maps):

fhBonfireIslands.fhm
fhCapeOfWorlds.fhm
fhCherikaValley.fhm
fhEasternPass.fhm
fhFichoTunnels.fhm
fhKiwimbiBeach.fhm
fhLonelyCave.fhm
fhPodium.fhm
fhSeasideGrove.fhm
fhTheGrounds.fhm
fhZamaGrotto.fhm
WaterMill.fhm

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 06:21:41 am »
Ok so that may not be your issue. Someone the other day had the exact same issue as you are having right now, and you may just need to try and reinstall just the maps. I made a file with just the maps available for download >HERE<

You can also try changing your rendering system first to see if that might help.

Offline jennybean

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 06:41:58 am »
Neither of those options worked. :c Thanks for the help anyway. Hopefully I'll figure it out eventually.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 11:46:48 am »
Hello, there! I'd suggest deleting the whole FH folder and reinstalling the game.
You can also try restarting your router.

Download the game using the FH1.15 Torrent if you haven't already and see if it works.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
You may also be having an issue with textures, a broken/misplaced file, or your computer isn't able to handle the "weight" of the new update. Have you tried installing the Light version (instead of the Full version) when downloading the game? When you are going through the download process, there will be an option for you to choose which download version you would like to install.

Also, as Moontwist mentioned above, delete the entire FH folder. If you have screenshots or presets that you would like to save, however, be sure to save those in a separate folder located outside of the FH folder so that you can put them back in after the reinstallation.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

I Ship It!

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:05:05 am »
I have a similar issue. Normally it tends to resolve itself if I simply log in and out of the game. But I'd try what Warriorstrike and Moontwist suggested anyhow.