Author Topic: Height Map Crashing  (Read 1034 times)

Offline TheAfterlife

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • http://sinixie.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Height Map Crashing
« on: October 08, 2016, 11:25:01 pm »
After I type in in my height map, FH proceeds to crash on me.

I have it set on grayscale, 513x513, it's a single layer, only used from black to white (thus no colours), saved as .png (made sure the name contained no spaces), also saved in the terrain folder and yet it proceeds to crash. I have tried taking the defaultTerrain.png and pasting the one I've created over top then saving it, with a different name of course, yet nothing.

It is my first time creating a map too, and I am using Krita.

May I obtain some assistance, please. ;-;

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Member Of The Season
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 98
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Height Map Crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »
Try this;
Woah, the biggest mistake is to use paintool SAI/ Medibang Paint., because the thing is that you cannot put it as a greyscale canvas. I recommend you to use Gimp only. Try doing it on Gimp again and tell me how it goes. Here are some tips to help you:

1- The canvas size should be 513x513
2- Grayscale canvas
3- Use the colors going from Black to white. Make sure it doesn't have a dot of yellow, red, etc.
4- Save it as .png
5- Make sure the Alpha Channel is not on. Go to Layers > Transparency and if it says 'Remove Alpha Channel' is available, remove it.

Also, make a new map in map maker. It's better to start from scratch than borrowing Watermills. Then, you can save your height map (as .png) in the new folder that will show up. It should be the name of your map.

Sometimes adding spaces in the height map title because it will crash Feralheart so that isn't suggested. XD
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:33:24 pm by Pkf7 »
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Height Map Crashing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:25 am »
In addition to what was mentioned above, make sure that your image is flattened. To do so right click on your single layer and click "Flatten Image".
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.