Author Topic: Possible Copier?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
Possible Copier?
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:04:58 am »
See. Look at this picture. I think they could be coping me or want to be like me. I cannot confirm this.

Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Possible Copier?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:06:09 am »
One. Can't see the picture.

Two. If you really have an issue, it would probably be best to pm a staffer about this rather than posting a topic.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:24 am »
There really isn't a rule about copying whether it be a name or a character. If it was a design you purchased (as in an adoptable) then that may be a different story. I don't know

As Arctic said, PM a staff member and see if they can help you
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:01:51 am »
If you have not yet viewed our thread regarding character design and name copying, I would highly suggest taking a peek here. The issue you are having may easily be solved by taking a thorough look through some of the text that we have there, and it should hopefully answer any questions that you may have. You should know that we do not really handle reports based off what seems to be a copied design and/or character name, but if you are looking at identity theft, that is quite a different thing. If this is the case, please private message a staff member such as myself. Not much can be done by posting on the forum.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:18 am »
The problem is: They pretty much copied the name and look of the character (but they kinda failed) but they would NOT respond to my questions.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:23 pm »
I saw the person who you're referring too copying other people's character. The person doesn't seem too aware of rules or people's personal boundaries. I'm sorry you were copied, but i'm sure they won't keep the character in their list. It seems like they're doing it to annoy others. They'll most likely delete it when they get bored of messing with people.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 12:34:59 am »
The problem is: They pretty much copied the name and look of the character (but they kinda failed) but they would NOT respond to my questions.
If they are copying your character's name and look, not much can be done for this. The reasons behind this is that unless they have somehow stolen a preset for that character, they are using default markings. Default markings do not belong to you-- they belong to the general public and anyone can use them. Since you do not own the markings, they cannot be claimed and we cannot do much for "stealing," since they aren't really stealing anything. If they have taken your username (not the character) name, though, and have been trying to behave as if they were you and trying to steal your identity, that is another thing. I will be locking this topic since your question has been answered. If you believe that someone is stealing your identity rather than just a name or character design, please message a staff member with your report instead of posting on the forum here, since the other users in the community can truthfully not do much to prevent this, if action is needed to be taken by staff.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.