Author Topic: Map Help  (Read 798 times)

Offline sleepwalk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • we stan a vampire dad
    • failure-adopts
    • View Profile
Map Help
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:10:34 pm »
One thing I need help with is getting a download for a map I have. I'm not sure if I need a terrain map or not, that's another thing. I'm not 100% fluent on how FH works.
𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝 𝕡𝕗𝕡 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕘𝕠𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕚𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕔𝕠𝕝 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣 <𝟛

Amara

Re: Map Help
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 08:12:59 pm »
What exactly are ya asking floofen? Are you wanting to make a map, or download one?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »
One thing I need help with is getting a download for a map I have.

You mean, you want to create a download for a map you have so everyone else can see it? If this is the case, follow the step-by-step guide below.

1. Go to map maker and load your map.

2. Once your map has loaded, click on the Export button and export your map, as shown here: (In the Image provided, it is asking me to overwrite as I already have the map exported).

3. Write down every .fho .fhm .fhs .fhw that file the map has exported. (Whatever you have used in the map will export).

4. Go to Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ Exports folder and locate all the .fho .fhm .fhs .fhw files that were listed. (The ones I told you to write down.)
The .fhm and .fho's are the most important, as they allow people to actually enter the map and see the objects inside.

5. Go to your Desktop and make a new folder. (Right click your Desktop \\ New \\ Folder). Copy the located .fho .fhm .fhs .fhw files from the previous point, and paste them into the new folder you made on your desktop.

6. Re-name that New Folder to something else (like your map name, just so people who are downloading it know what map it is).

7. Right click the folder, go to 'send to' and select 'Compressed (zipped) folder' as shown in the following example:

8. Go to Mediafire. and make an account (if you don't have one already). This is a file sharing site, so you can share it with whome ever you want. I highly recommend it.

9. Upload the Zipped file that you made to Mediafire.

10. Copy the link to the map download and share it with whome ever you want.

That's all that's to it really. It sounds time consuming, but it's an easy thing to do if you make maps regularly. One thing to also note with Mediafire is that you can also add a password to your download if you only want specific people to download it. You can also make the download link shorter by going to Tinyurl and make a custom tiny url to share.

Please note, if you have any custom terrain TEXTURE that you have included in the map (something you have added, not replaced), that needs to be added in the download as well. Be sure to let people who download it know that the texture belongs in the FeralHeart \\ Media \\ Terrains \\ Textures folder.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:20:34 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:07 pm »
If you are talking about installing a map you would --

Go to the download, download it.
Go the the folder, copy all of the insides and drag it to Feralheart > Exports and drop it there.
It will only work though if it has a FHM. file. Good luck.<3
not active here anymore ♡